RIGGS Reunion in Atlanta May 11th

Glad you enjoyed em'... seems like I'm the only oldie here on the forum that used to actually be in the local music scene back then. :p

No way! While I wasn't in Atlanta, I spent a lot of time working for, seeing, and enjoying the crap out of the local Chicago scene. I really miss it, for nostalgic as well as musical reasons. The first time I saw Jerry with PT, I brought my Riggs vinyl for him to sign. He thought only he & his mom still had copies of it (standard line, but it was still funny!). Riggs & Trust were 2 bands I really dug when I got the Heavy Metal soundtrack. I always wondered what he was up to these days. Hope the reunion show(s) were a success! It'd be cool to see that up in my neck of the woods....

No way! While I wasn't in Atlanta, I spent a lot of time working for, seeing, and enjoying the crap out of the local Chicago scene. I really miss it, for nostalgic as well as musical reasons. The first time I saw Jerry with PT, I brought my Riggs vinyl for him to sign. He thought only he & his mom still had copies of it (standard line, but it was still funny!). Riggs & Trust were 2 bands I really dug when I got the Heavy Metal soundtrack. I always wondered what he was up to these days. Hope the reunion show(s) were a success! It'd be cool to see that up in my neck of the woods....

I'm with you: I miss the hell out of all the fun we had back then. The music scene in Atlanta was so different then than it is these days. There were so many really great local bands (not that there aren't some now, just not as many) that played on a regular basis every week/weekend, and we had a regular crew that all used to hang out together. Great memories :)

Quite a few people actually went on to do very well for themselves. Of course, Jerry went on to play for Pat Travers, Peter Stroud now plays for Sheryl Crow, Keith Christopher now plays for Kenny Wayne, of course the GA Satellites, Brendon O'Brien now produces for a lot of big-named bands, etc., etc. The list goes on...

That's too funny about Jerry... I'm sure he really meant it, too, you being from Chicago and actually had a copy of their album.:)

I don't believe they're going to be doing anymore of the reunion shows, though. This one was a benefit for Marshall Downing, who used to work for them, who is battling some big time health issues. It was pretty much a one-time gig to raise money to help for Marshall's medical bills.

I'm with you: I miss the hell out of all the fun we had back then. The music scene in Atlanta was so different then than it is these days. There were so many really great local bands (not that there aren't some now, just not as many) that played on a regular basis every week/weekend, and we had a regular crew that all used to hang out together. Great memories :)

Ditto! There were SO many places to see stuff that you had many options for live music, and yes, we too had a regular band of misfits that hung out at shows having fun & causing (acceptable) trouble......

Quite a few people actually went on to do very well for themselves. Of course, Jerry went on to play for Pat Travers, Peter Stroud now plays for Sheryl Crow, Keith Christopher now plays for Kenny Wayne, of course the GA Satellites, Brendon O'Brien now produces for a lot of big-named bands, etc., etc. The list goes on...

That's actually very cool that they are all still involved musically, I hadn't even thought about Riggs until this post was created, and I became insanely jealous! :)

That's too funny about Jerry... I'm sure he really meant it, too, you being from Chicago and actually had a copy of their album.:)

I don't believe they're going to be doing anymore of the reunion shows, though. This one was a benefit for Marshall Downing, who used to work for them, who is battling some big time health issues. It was pretty much a one-time gig to raise money to help for Marshall's medical bills.

The expression on his face was priceless. :heh:

I hope they did well for Marshall. Would have been a great show to see......
If I didn't live so damned far away, I'd have been there...:headbang: