Right angle vs straight TS cables

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
I was wondering how many of you use right angle cables when connecting your guitar to whatever you're using (such as an AXE FX or Kemper or into your audio interface). I was wondering if any of you also use a right angle plugged into your guitar. It seems that your guitar would have less stress put on its input jack with a right angle. I can't count how many times I've had/seen issues with a guitar input jack. I'm curious and I'm also looking for validation on whether or not I should keep my straight Mogami Gold instrument cable or get a straight/right angle one.

Of course it's not a sound quality issue. It just protects your gear better. I always try to use right angle plugs on my gear. Especially stuff that moves and can potentially get bumped in to. It also looks nicer.

I miss my Ibanez S-Series for the sole reason of having a Fender-style jack, which is recessed a bit into the body.

Currently using straight 1/4" in my LTD and need an angled because the jack is getting fucked up fairly quickly....as well as my volume pot, somehow.

Depends on the style of guitar. If input jack is in the traditional spot (ex. Les Paul), then I always will use a right-angle plug. For the amp, it depends as well. Too many variables to give you a "yes or no" answer. If it keeps things nice, clean and safe; then use that style of plug.

I always use a right angle plug when plugging in to my Mark V, it kinda gets in the way of the switches for channel 1, but I can always leave it connected when I put the cover over my amp, and i'd hate to damage my baby.

Seems like such a pointless conversation when you think about it. :p