right i've had enough of amp sims!

jesterroot4

Jul 5, 2007
Croydon (south london) UK
i realy cant get a good sound out of them at all!

spent months doing all sorts of shit with them..

does anyone have any samples were they have had good tone using 'wagner sharp' or amplitube 2?

some tips and setting would be amazing if anyone could help

Drop Amplitube's speaker sim and run some GuitarHack impulses.

Grab the Suecof 5150 EQ settings further down the board and use those on the 5150 model.

Clips when I'm back home... maybe.

Jeff

there's a Modern model in Amplitube 2 which looks and sounds more like a Dual Rectifier than a 5150

isn't the 5150 model in Amplitube METAL, which hasn't come out yet?

Yes and I check weekly to see if it's out because of that. They are quickly running out of 2007. Hopefully the delay in the release will mean better tone...

I'm going to be trying POD XT Criminal model + Impulses soon. Anyone get good results with that approach that we can hear?

I thought the Modern High Gain was supposed to cover that territory...

AMP-ModernHi-Gain.jpg

... but that's the one I use with the 5150 settings to get a good 5150 tone, so balls.

Jeff

I have played all sorts of tube and solidstate amps, and I find that the Pod XT is sooo much better, sence you dont only have one sound, and you have all the effects etc.
Il agree that it doesnt really sound like a rectifier, 5150, jcm800 etc. but it sounds real close, and its good enough for me.
Most of these simulation stuff requires an entirely different way to look at how to build the sounds then through a normal amp, so that might be the reason you are having problems.

With my pod ive gotten identical tones to almost all Pantera, Damageplan, AC/DC, Gary Moore(Thus also Queen), Black Label Society, Metallica, Slayer, Lamb Of God, Racer X, Yngwie Malmsteen, Van Halen.
And im getting close to zz-top, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Children Of Bodom and Dream Theatre.
But I guess its not as good as the original amps, but if I would buy the original amps, I think that I would have to pay abit more than about 300$. ;)

What cab and mic sim do you use? I find the condenser to be the most "full" sounding. Do you a drop a tube screaming in front?

Impulses (Usually GH stuff, never remember which - I think it's the Louder JJ something-or-other, one of the Between impulses) because the included speaker sim doesn't cut it for high gain stuff, and I do use a real TS in front of the preamp so the computer is just getting an already-juiced signal.

Jeff

Impulses (Usually GH stuff, never remember which - I think it's the Louder JJ something-or-other, one of the Between impulses) because the included speaker sim doesn't cut it for high gain stuff, and I do use a real TS in front of the preamp so the computer is just getting an already-juiced signal.

Jeff

So how can I use an impulse instead of the cab sim? I've heard many of you talk about it. Do I just bypass the cab and use something else for the impulse or is there a more resourceful way? I need to get myself a nice TS-9.

So how can I use an impulse instead of the cab sim? I've heard many of you talk about it. Do I just bypass the cab and use something else for the impulse or is there a more resourceful way? I need to get myself a nice TS-9.

Yes. Disable the cabs (some presets have two cabs, so check carefully) and then just add an impulse after the preamp in your DAW.

So how can I use an impulse instead of the cab sim? I've heard many of you talk about it. Do I just bypass the cab and use something else for the impulse or is there a more resourceful way? I need to get myself a nice TS-7.

I fixed it for you.

He's right - disable the onboard cabs (just 'bypass' in that window, make sure you disable both of them if your preset has two cabs) and run something like Boogex after them.

The Amplitube and Guitar Suite pedals - a TS and an SD-1, respectively - do a good enough job to determine whether your rig needs a TS. I've found that a good number of my setups don't, especially when I'm not going for a saturated sound.

PM me if you need screenshots or anything.

Jeff