Rihanna´s S & M metal cover

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, guys!

I just wanted to share with you my last cover, Rihanna´s S & M metalized:

Hope you don´t mind some mistakes during the playback (all was recorded by me previously because it gives me more freedom to record the video later) and singing while playing while moving was a bit tricky, so there are some place you can see it. Hope you don´t mind and also hope you like it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Guitar sound works for that. Everything sounds a little muffled. You overdid the master limiter, back that down and it could be that it surprisingly starts to breathe.
We dig some Metallica, don't we?;)

really like it, awesome idea.. sounds good :).

about the sound, i think it mightlack some highend.. sounds a bit dull,, need more air i think.

Thanks for your views and comments!

Chacka: Yeah, you´re right. I tend to overcompress...I used a multiband compresor and set the output level to -3 dB, and might have squashed the wave too much. I think -5 or -6 dB would sound with more room. I´ll try for the next one, thanks! Anyway, glad you liked the guitar sound (I plug my guitar into a POD XT Live)

And yeah, I love Metallica. In fact, I posted here a vid I made for the EMG contest. Don´t know if you´ve seen it:

Keregioz: I also think I could have delivered more powerful and studied vocals, but the cover was kind of improvised/rushed and maybe I did not take the time enough

Aviel: Glad you liked the way I arranged the cover. I might have added a little highs in the mix, but I fear it will turn the sound into a harsh one, so I did it this way.

Thanks for your comments and advices! By the way, what do you think of my English accent? I´m Spanish and I have tried to improve it, since here I was told I hadn´t a good accent, and I´m worried about it.

Last edited by a moderator: