RIP Cornell

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
Well....that's depressing. Chris was one of the best metal vocalists ever and I was fortunate enough to have been a teenager wen "Badmotorfinger" came out. I still listen to it regularly 26 years later.

I dig soundgarden. Hell i even like Down on the Upside.

Never got into audioslave or his solo works.

A shame really. Too bad it wasnt vedder

Me neither. Only song I listen to is "Burden in my Hand".

Shame it wasn't the Wachowski sisters

Had to look these two fuggs up. Both of these cats are trans "chicks?" Why is one as bald as a buzzard? Lulz @ Hollywood.
*Brothers. They can run from their biology all they like, it ain't going away. Although their politics can die in a putrid inferno, I still respect them for the Matrix movies.

Still kind of fucked up over this. Saw him a week before he died. I saw him several times before that, and I agree with what a lot of others have said. Something seemed "off." Not just with him, but with the whole live performance. Granted, I saw them in some fucking NASCAR field with a bunch of Juggalo type people* and $10 shots of Jack, and hindsight is always a bitch. Still...

Opeth were also at the festival. Goddamn I hate their new chugga-chugga riffs.

Cornell: "We were never grunge. We were fucking metal." So fucking true. Just listen to that riff on "Searching With My Good Eye Closed." More Sabbath than Sabbath.

*ugliest consortium of humanoids I've ever observed in one locale

I've never thought of Soundgarden as grunge. Badmotorfinger is metal as fuck.

just out of curiosity, i decided to watched a video of the entire final concert. he was very obviously loaded, and the whole performance was just extremely poor in my opinion. his guitar playing was ultra sloppy (not really following the rhythm or timing of the songs), and the vocals were sadly completely shot. there has been some talk about how he was in a serious depression due to the fact that he was realizing the current limitations of his voice while out on this tour. you can never trust any of that media gossip bullshit, but i can see some truth in that. imagine having to go out there on stage and perform these old songs for an hour while just KNOWING that you can't pull it off, and that every high note you attempt will be completely fucked. you'll never be able to pull off all of those signature moments that the fans are waiting for. it's sad... the whole band looked pissed off and there was zero chemistry between them.

whatever. he was by FAR the best singer from that scene, and Soundgarden was by far the best band from that scene. Metal without a doubt, just heavy fucking metal.

RIP

Interesting perspective. I can understand that. Although strangling yourself with an exercise band seems a little extreme to me.

I need to listen to these albums again. "The Day I Tried to Live" is probably my fave track by them. Just something about it.

I'll be honest, Badmotorfinger never impressed me all the way through. I prefer Louder Than Love more for their earlier pre-mainstream material.

Still love Down on the Upside though: Switch Opens, Overfloater, Pretty Noose, Blow Up the Outside World....fuck