RIP Dave Brokie

Ah man. Gwar have been such a focal point of hilarity amongst my mates since the late 80s in highschool to even these days.
Sadly I missed them a couple of weeks ago at Soundwave.
Very sad news - RIP Dave. Enjoy the trip back home to the mother planet.

Dave lead a hard life. I believe he cleaned up his act up a lot since Smooty died but I don't know for sure.

Wasn't aware of that, but can't say I'm surprised. Lots of hard living amongst metal bands.

Either way, it's a damn shame. 50 is too young.

I was just listening to their latest album. Good stuff and sad to think it will most likely be the last. I can't imagine them going on now. Just grateful to have had the chance to see them once.

The possibly of a drug related death for Brockie isn't a surprise. The shocking news I heard is that the GWAR-B-Q is still going be held in August. I can't believe that they are even considering going forward without Dave. It was his band. I guess it is possible they discussed it when Smooty died and maybe he would want them to continue on but damn. No one can replace his unique voice and weirdness.

They're continuing?:OMG:

Aye. If you read the press release from their real band manager they are still holding an outdoor concert in August in Richmond where GWAR is the main act. I think it is fucked up. Brockie wasn't even in the ground yet and they are actively pimping the GWAR-B-Q.

I was thinking they can't they even wait a few weeks before going into details about continuing with the GWAR-B-Q. They hadn't even sold any tickets yet when he died.

I have been a GWAR fan since I first seen them in 1992 and have went to see them at-least once a year and sometimes up to 5 times in the same year ever since then. I understand GWAR is the band's job and all and that Dave probably would want them to continue on but dropping a press release that the barbeque concert is "still on" one day after the founding father and only original member and lead vocalist dies is pretty fucked up, even for GWAR.