RIP David Carradine

I never did watch Kung Fu but I thought he was excellent in Kill Bill Vol 2. He should have at least received an Oscar nomination (in a perfect world the film would have received quite a few nominations - such a great piece of work).

heard that this morning.

never rated him much but he has been in some interesting works.

if you can, check out the film The Silent Flute where he plays several roles (also stars Christopher Lee, so you know it's good) and, again, was originally a project by Bruce Lee that he was given (like the original series of Kung Fu which Bruce Lee came up with the concept for).
That film is also referenced in Kill Bill vol 2 when he is outside the chapel, playing the flute, a trait the man character he plays in the movie has.

My first thought on hearing the news was someone else is involved (a hooker?) who did a runner when they saw he'd snuffed it - he was in Bangkok after all.

Strange thing is he did it in Bangkok. It's not like he wouldn't be able to find someone to have relations with him.

These crazy Hollywood types!

My first thought on hearing the news was someone else is involved (a hooker?) who did a runner when they saw he'd snuffed it - he was in Bangkok after all.

That's possible I suppose, but the same thing happened to Michael Hutchence. Maybe it was the same person, mysterious appearing every 13 years to off some famous wanker.

Hmm...

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25603715-10229,00.html

Carradine 'killed by secret society'

June 08, 2009 11:30am

KUNG-FU cult hero David Carradine may have been killed by a secret society of martial arts assassins, his family's lawyer claims.

The New York Post reports Mark Geragos suggested Carradine may have been attempting to uncover groups working in the martials-arts underworld at the time of his death.

Mr Garegos has previously represented Michael Jackson, actress Winona Ryder, wife-killer Scott Peterson and singer Chris Brown.

Carradine was found dead in a hotel wardrobe in Bangkok on Friday.

The 72-year-old star of cult TV series Kung Fu and Quentin Tarantino films Kill Bill and Kill Bill 2 was discovered hanging from a rope attached to his neck and genitals.

Police said the actor may have died from accidental suffocation or heart failure, leading to speculation that Carradine may have engaged in a dangerous form of sex play known as auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Mr Geragos said the Carradine family refused to believe David had killed himself and are urging the FBI to investigate the death.

He made the claim on Larry King Live after a panel member noted Carradine was keen on following and disclosing secret societies.

"What that means is connected to martial arts and his interest in martial arts," Mr Geragos said.

“And so there is a suspicion that if there was some foul play, that that may be the first area where they should look."

The conspiracy theories surrouding Carradine’s death echo those around the death of Bruce Lee, who died in 1973 of brain swelling linked to medication, reportedly an aspirin.

Lee’s death is often linked by conspiracy theorists to the Triads, a Chinese secret society.

Carradine’s ex-wife, Marina Anderson, told The New York Post yesterday: "If he was involved in secret societies, it was a secret that even I didn't know about.

"But he did have some big secrets."