Michael Alexander - 22.06.77 - 05.10.09
Sadly, just a few days into their European tour with Amon Amarth, Evile's
Mike Alexander was suddenly taken ill and rushed to hospital, but tragically
passed away in Lulea, Sweden.
Evile members Matt Drake, Ol Drake and Ben Carter have released the
following statement:
"This is so hard to find the words to express fully how we feel. We can't
believe or accept what's happened. One minute we're talking to our buddy,
Mike, the next minute we can never speak to him again.
There's so many things rushing through our heads that we want to say, do and
feel. We half expect him to come round the corner and call us 'dickheads'.
We can't get our heads around it.
It upsets us so much that he was away from his family when this happened,
although knowing Mike, we're at least glad he was on tour doing what he
loves.
We're lost for words. We all miss him so much already. He was such a
headstrong, genuinely nice guy who loved music and his family. We've got so
many brilliant memories with him.
Our hearts go out to his daughter, family and friends at this tragic,
difficult time.
Mike is much loved and is sorely missed.
Rest in peace, brother."
http://earachenews.blogspot.com/2009/10/evile-statement-mike-alexander.html
Gutted,RIP thoughts to family and friends

RIP Mike, thankyou for the great music and the laughs. It was a pleasure to meet you and its such a shame for everybody.

I wish all the best to the Evile lads, and Mikes family. My thoughts are with you.

Horrible news. I had such a funny time talking to him at the MW listening party a few months ago, seemed like such a great guy to know..
Feel very sad for the rest of the band, his family and friends.
RIP Mike.

What the fuck, is this for real?

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Unbelievable... I had the privelege of meeting him four times... in fact in Edinburgh earlier in the year we hung out for a few hours, and he was just awesome. A really genuine and funny guy...

Man, I feel weird right now...

:(

Never knew the guy personally, just through his music, but this is still truly tragic. It just shows how unpredictable life is, as one minute he's living the Rock N Roll dream, and the next he's gone. We can at least be glad that the life he lived was a good one, and many would give so much to have lived that life.

My thoughts are with his family and his friends and bandmates at the moment.

I can't even muster the right wors for this. This is absolutely horrifying :(

R.I.P Mike, you mad, lovable, cuddly, funny and generally fuckng incredible man. You always said I was a nutter, but them times were some of the best of my fucking life :'(

I never had the the pleasure of meeting Mike, but I did have the pleasure of hearing his music, which will live on in my ears forever. I'm very thankful for that, and I think that's possibly how he'd like to be remembered.

I can only imagine how his family and friends must feel right now. My thoughts go out to them, especially Matt, Ol and Ben.

I don't fuckin believe this

I am completely stunned, I have had the pleasure of being in Mike's company and I will miss him a hellva lot

My deepest condolences to his family and to Matt, Ol and Ben whom I am thinking of right now

R.I.P my friend, it was a pleasure knowing you

RIP Mike, words can't even explain it at the moment. I broke down when I heard, my deepest condolences are with the guys, I can't get my head around it. Mike was invincible to me, superhero, now I just can't believe it.

RIP Mike Alexander, you will always be remembered and loved.

Wow, this is... Wow... Fuck. :( A life lost way too soon... Rest in peace Mike, only the good die young. :(

I feel like an epic douche for the message I sent Matt last night now.... Had no idea this was going on.

RIP Mike - you touched a lot more people than I thought. I've had texts all afternoon from people I didn't even realise had bought the album, let alone got into the band.

I still can't believe it myself.

met him a couple of times... he even recognised me on the Megadeth tour when we met in April in Newcastle ("Hey, I know you!"), and he always had a smile on his face.

Fuck i'm so shocked at hearing this i've sat here mouth wide open for the past few minutes in disbelief. mike was the only member of evile that i've met an spoke to, spoke to him at nottingham rock city on gigantour. as me an my bro an friend was leaving we decided to check out the merch stall an one of the jfac guys said you looking for jfac merch? nah evile was my response an then we walked away. a moment later i get a tap on my shoulder an i turn round an it was mike offering me evile merch at a better price if i wanna buy it on the street as they was having to price match megadeth over the counter so i bought ETG off him an got a pic taken of us an shook hands. only met him once but i'll never forget that. R.I.P Mike

Rest in Peace. My condoleances to the rest of the bandmembers and Mike's entire faimly. I was absolutely shocked as I heard this last night when I went to see the guys in Luleå. I was so pissed seeing they had cancelled and then I heard from a crew member that Mike had passed and I was stumped beyond belief. He was just 3 years older than me. Hard to take in.