Rip of the Fort Lauderdale boot ?

opethmaniac

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Well, i've just received my copy of the Fort Lauderdale 04 bootleg...it's a DVD but , coz you guys seem to have some problems to download it , i could propose you to try (it would be the first time ever for me)to rip it and then to put it on DC..Like that , you would have the choice to dowload the version you would prefer to have...the "DVD version" or the "rip version"...
Let me know what you think about that and if some of you are really interested by , i'll see what i can do for you guys...

I've heard that Trocadero boot vid was badass, how about this one - is it a good quality boot, like steady camera, no obstructions, that sort of thing?

I don't mean to start the discussion from another thread, but I'd say if you don't mind, definitely rip it into a VCD MPG format, so the download is a manageable size. I can see why pple want to preserve the original vid quality, but 4 GB is NOT a reasonable download. If someone want the orig DVD quality, consider trading, but for sharing over the Internet, VCD quality will do.

-GK

I won't be downloading that LOSSY version of the bootleg. LOSSY versions get on my nerves because they're so damn LOSSY.'

GabrielKnight said:
I've heard that Trocadero boot vid was badass, how about this one - is it a good quality boot, like steady camera, no obstructions, that sort of thing?

I don't mean to start the discussion from another thread, but I'd say if you don't mind, definitely rip it into a VCD MPG format, so the download is a manageable size. I can see why pple want to preserve the original vid quality, but 4 GB is NOT a reasonable download. If someone want the orig DVD quality, consider trading, but for sharing over the Internet, VCD quality will do.

-GK

That's why we have XVid and Divx...

Dropping a 4 GB MPG down to a 700 MB MPG would be very noticable.

GabrielKnight said:
I can see why pple want to preserve the original vid quality, but 4 GB is NOT a reasonable download. If someone want the orig DVD quality, consider trading, but for sharing over the Internet, VCD quality will do.

-GK

It actually wasn't too bad. I got the 4gb dvd from Mr. Neils torrent on STG and it took about 36 hours. I figure that's faster than I could have gotten it via a snail mail trade, so I'm pretty happy with a day and a half dl for something like this.