RIP Ronnie James Dio

Coon

Metalcry
Mar 30, 2008
Madrid, Spain
www.metalcry.com
Ronnie James Dio passed away today. I'm crushed and so shocked I almost cannot believe it. This is teh saddest day in metal history.

"No sign of the morning coming, you've been left on your own, like a Rainbow In The Dark"

Two days after his passing and I'm still shocked. He was one of the greatest artist I had the pleasure of ever listen to. There's no doubt he was one of the mos unique, powerful voices in rock and metal music, a visionary in the style, such a great songwriter and that rare kind of frontman who owns the stage by only walking on it. I had the lucky chance of watching him twice and I will treasure the memories of that shows for my entire life as two of the best concerts I ever been.

When I look back to my very first days into rock and metal, there isn't a single day without Dio's voice playing out the speakers. The first cover I ever rehearse and play was Rainbow In The Dark. His music has been and will always be part of the soundtrack of my life. If there is an afterlife, I'll be looking to see him perform again.

"They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell"

Ronnie James Dio was a great man. What he lacked in size, he had in the voice. My god, this small thin man on the stage with such a powerful aura and this god-gift of a voice. I will never forget him. Fortunately, I had the privilege to see him live three times and those were truly great moments.

Ronnie, your memory will live on in my heart. We'll meet again someday.

WE ROCK!