Ripper Owens' new album is being streamed right now...

TheLongshot

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
Apparently Eddie Trunk has a new feature on his web site where he's going to stream new albums before they get released to stores. To start things off, he's streaming Ripper Owens' new solo album "Play My Game", which is getting released next week.

Unfortunately, the feature seems to be somewhat hidden on his web site. I had to dig for it to find it.

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm?pid=409730

Enjoy.

3360063793_c38c961b7c.jpg

:lol:

I haven't heard it, but I can't imagine this being a medicore effort. Tim is a god...nuff' said. Plus, Jeff Loomis has a guest spot on the album...medicore...I don't think so. Monday morning quarterback snobs....:rolleyes:

~Brian~

I listened to a few minutes of four songs and that was enough.
I love Ripper, and I personally am no writer of song, but he has some real work to do on his song writing skills..
Mediocre is really being quite polite from what I heard.

Anyone ever hear Charlie Belladonna's 2nd solo album after Anthrax, Spells of Fear? That is the only disc I have ever chucked in the trash after listenting too.

I haven't heard it, but I can't imagine this being a medicore effort. Tim is a god...nuff' said. Plus, Jeff Loomis has a guest spot on the album...medicore...I don't think so. Monday morning quarterback snobs....:rolleyes:

~Brian~

Well start imagining because thats exactly what it is.

I'm still trying to wrap my aging, feeble mind around this new "Medicore" genre. Medical metal? Hospital hardcore? :lol:

Other than the montonous tempo, incredibly cliché lyrics, and lazy uninspired playing it's actually pretty... mediocre.

Anyone ever hear Charlie Belladonna's 2nd solo album after Anthrax, Spells of Fear? That is the only disc I have ever chucked in the trash after listenting too.

funny, I did that with Pagan's Mind CD. Are you suggesting you'd do that with this album as well? I'd actually probably write to Tim Owens and demand a refund.

I'm still trying to wrap my aging, feeble mind around this new "Medicore" genre. Medical metal? Hospital hardcore?

I lol'd.

I downloaded some days ago. I spin it completely twice. I'm severely dissapointed, I like his vocals, I like his work with JP (composition besides, not his fault), IE and YM. But both Beyond Fear and this one left me unmoved, I will not gonna buy it (and soon it'll be deleted form my HD too).

It seems to me he's a great hired gun but he can't put a good band on his own while composing.

I liked it, the song writing is not the best, certainly not the worst. It is cheesy in spots but honestly so are the JP albums the Winter's Bane, and the Beyond Fear album. He is I think trying to showcase his vocals and make a name for himself, who knows how long he will be with Malmsteen and he may never do a Beyond Fear, so he clearly wants to get out on his own. As far as the guests on his album well if you want a stellar performance from them you probably need to buy their solo album or an album from the band that they are in.

Yeah, mediocre is being fairly kind. I wanted to turn it off about half way through. I actually thought "Starting Over" was good, but most of the songs (even that one to an extent) are totally forgetable.