Ripper sounds like a poor man's Bruce Dickinson

\m/ said:
I love Rippers voice! I think there's a little Dio and obviously Halford in his voice as well.

In the songs Greenface and Attila, I think Ripper sounds a lot (almost exactly) like Russ Anderson from Forbidden. Anyone else hear that similarity??

I've heard otherwise about the singer. Lots of people say that Owens and Schaeffer don't go well together...I still can't judge, because I haven't heard any of the songs yet. All I know is that the Gettysburg trilogy is supposed to be kick ass!

Matt was not, and still is not, a man. I hate that overhyped prick more and more every time I hear his fucking name.

I am not an IE hater,I have lots of their shirts and merchandise and all the albums,but I just can't stand Ripper's voice.
I don't know if I'll get the glorious burden,I'll download it first and then check it out.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Matt was not, and still is not, a man. I hate that overhyped prick more and more every time I hear his fucking name.
Um...no. Barlow was a great singer, the best vocalist in Iced Earth, and one of the best power metal singers of all time. I respect your opinion, I just happen not to agree in the slightest bit with it.

Hypnos666 said:
Um...no. Barlow was a great singer, the best vocalist in Iced Earth, and one of the best power metal singers of all time. I respect your opinion, I just happen not to agree in the slightest bit with it.
I agree Hypnos. When people hear this album, they will agree too. I don't have anything against Ripper - he has his moments on the new album - but overall, he just doesn't do it for me.

The vocals are the highlight of this album...the riffs are recycled...and amazingly Maiden-like, only not as good. And no, St. Anger sucked shit.