Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow is back for a few shows

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Looks like Mr. Blackmore wants to play hard rock again... That's nice. Supposedly with no previous singers (Joe Lynn Turner will be disappointed) but with a new one that would sound like a mix of Dio and Mercury according to Ritchie...

12144907_10207000929757043_4580330854500494212_n.jpg

Was not official then but...
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ritchie-blackmore-first-rock-show-announced-for-2016/

Show sold out in minutes and resale sights already selling on at astronomical prices. Quite a joke really. Surely Blackmore's people must have told him this is what will happen when you only do one UK show. I didn't try to buy a ticket as the show is in Birmingham and I'm not a traveller but if it was in London and I tried to buy one and then saw them appear on sites for 10 times fave value a day later I'd be mighty pissed off. He really needs to add more dates if the demand is this much. I'm thinking Ritchie doesn't give a fuck he does what he wants lol!

Really good chance for the excellent singer Ronnie Romero (Lords Of Black) to get more recognition.
That being said, it would have been also cool to see Doogie White, Graham Bonnet and Joe Lynn Turner sing a few tracks as well. Maybe they were too greedy. Or maybe Ritchie thought Mr. Romero would be less expensive...

I managed to snag a ticket to the Birmingham show when they went on sale. I thought I missed my only shot to see Blackmore on the last Rainbow tour in 97 so I cannot miss this.