Ritter Basses

Haha, my country fellows! - Actually, they sold all the basses they had with them at this years NAMM-show within 15 minutes! They have a wide range of basses, but these are the over-the-top ones.
There's certain models that take the extravaganza to the limits, for example with an 11-point-attachment of the neck to the body, or with velvet cushions for more hand comfort...:lol: Damn expensive, of course, but obviously, there's a clientele.

I thought they look pretty cool and way over the top like conklin. Far beyond my budget and Squiers are no fun to look at.

Devin would have said : OH ! MY ! F * * * ING ! GOD ! oh,man, this is the future
sting concept and the first one killer ... like the Jupiter -kinda classic?
love fretless Roya-5 sritng no way to put Conklin and these babies on one shelf

I agree Conklin and Ritter aren't really the same thing . The way I see it is the Conklins are slightly more function over form. I mean there are practical uses for a three octave 8 or 9 string. Where, to me these look more like form over function. In fact when I look at those basses I think of marble floors and tacky copies of Michaelangelo's 'David' for some reason. I personally hate high gloss finishes on basses though. I also think that the body shape of some of those basses look a bit overly ornate which makes me wonder if the playablity and sound of them is justified by the cost.