Roadkill Photography by Fervolde de Conqueror

FerretallicA

HMAS Slagdestroyer
Mar 23, 2005
Sydney, Australia
As of last weekend I have a shiny new camera which has been begging for some photographic love. I bought an extra lens yesterday specifically for the Darker Half gig and I liked the results enough that I'll most likely be investing in a couple more lenses just for gigs. Rather than pollute AdM's thread with my relatively "n00b" work, I'll dump anything of possible interest here.

With any photos I post, click any image you like to view it at a higher resolution. Print resolutions are available on a one-by-one basis on request.

If there's anyone who can't afford a real photographer to cover their gig and figures I'm marginally better than nothing feel free to drop me a line via email or Facebook.

Darker Half
Live @ The Sandringham, Newtown (NSW)
20th March 2009

At this point I only have the one fast lens (50mm f/1.4). Both my zooms are f/4+ so they were pretty much useless. My apologies to Bendito for the lack of drum photos as a result.

Rituals of the Oak
Live @ The Lewisham Hotel, Lewisham (NSW)
24th April 2009

Biggest lesson learnt: high ISO = high noise regardless of the camera and lens.
I took about 900 photos in total and only have about 50 that I want to keep at all. Even out of those, a few would have been awesome if not for the noise. I learnt a lot from setting pretty much everything manually though so hopefully the next gig (Paindivision, Argument Soul and Vanishing Point :headbang: 2nd May, be there! :lol:) will be a lot more productive.

Maybe his camera got stolen overseas?
:lol:

I'm hopefully finishing off a web site for a cunt of a client this week and will have my own time as my own again so I can get through the rest of my photos and get them online. Not many recent Metal Evilution gigs in there though. Pretty disgraceful really, and I should probably do something to rectify that.

hopefully the next gig (Paindivision, Argument Soul and Vanishing Point
That gig was a fucking nightmare to shoot. Whoever handles the lighting at the Gaelic Club needs to learn some new tricks other than "red-wash".