Rob Rock's new band, FIRES OF BABYLON (audio samples)

DCA

Feb 25, 2006
www.dcarecordings.com
FIRES OF BABYLON, the new band cranking out classic 1980's-style shredding US heavy metal, featuring guitarist Lou St. Paul (WINTERS BANE), vocalist Rob Rock (ROB ROCK band; ex-IMPELITTERRI), bassist Kelly Conlon (ex-DEATH, MONSTROSITY), and drummer Robert Falzano (SHATTER MESSIAH; ex-ANNIHILATOR), will see their debut full length released through Metal Heaven Records on April 25th.

The tracklisting: 'Falling To Pieces', 'Devilution', 'When The Kingdom Comes', 'Lake Of Fire', 'Holy Resurrection', 'Going Through Changes', 'Lazarus Rising', 'Revolution Coming', 'Generation Of Destruction', 'Castles Are Burning'.

Audio samples for the tracks 'Falling To Pieces', 'Devilution' and 'When The Kingdom Comes' can be found at this location (media player is on right side of page): http://www.metalheaven.net/html/home.html

Right side on the media player.
Cool lineup BTW. Not the kind of musicians I'd have expected Rob Rock to be fronting.

Rob is just a hired gun on this project.

He has a couple of recording projects going on before his tour dates with "Rob Rock" begin. I think Driver with Roy Z is next.

FIRES OF BABYLON, the new band cranking out classic 1980's-style shredding US heavy metal, featuring guitarist Lou St. Paul (WINTERS BANE), vocalist Rob Rock (ROB ROCK band; ex-IMPELITTERRI), bassist Kelly Conlon (ex-DEATH, MONSTROSITY), and drummer Robert Falzano (SHATTER MESSIAH; ex-ANNIHILATOR), will see their debut full length released through Metal Heaven Records on April 25th.

The tracklisting: 'Falling To Pieces', 'Devilution', 'When The Kingdom Comes', 'Lake Of Fire', 'Holy Resurrection', 'Going Through Changes', 'Lazarus Rising', 'Revolution Coming', 'Generation Of Destruction', 'Castles Are Burning'.

Audio samples for the tracks 'Falling To Pieces', 'Devilution' and 'When The Kingdom Comes' can be found at this location (media player is on right side of page): http://www.metalheaven.net/html/home.html
Heck yeah! I wonder if he'll do any of this new stuff at PPUSA? Also, who's in his solo band now?

After one listen, I'm impressed...may have to pick this up. I don't know about the "80s" metal tag (which could mean a number of things), but I'd describe it as a heavy/power hybrid with some slight orchestrations...also seems like a concept album :)

Heard several tracks off this at Impulse Music when I was visiting during Powerfest this weekend, it freaking ruled, I didn't know who it was, so I asked Steve...."is this a new Iron Maiden album?" but it was better to be honest than the last one by far.....he says nope, this is Rob Rocks new thing FIRES OF BABYLON, it totally kills! Great job Rob and the rest of the band!!!:headbang:

Incidentally, this is the album that Rob was recording during NIGHTMARE METAL FEST that took him away from stopping in, obviously a worthy venture.