Rochester Fans!

Pegucci

New Metal Member
Jan 18, 2004
Anybody going to the Feb 25 show in Rochester, NY? And for those familiar, isn't steel music hall small for this? I can't wait!

I was at this show. For those who showed up, I was the guy who yelled INTRODUCE THE KEYBOARDIST, who was then introduced by Mikael as his "bitch". Hahahaha, awesome.

"And the guy from porcupine tree, he's my other bitch!"

I was there. Fuck that was a great show! My neck is still sore from headbanging to the last part of Deliverance!

I showed up late so I missed Devildriver, but caught Moonspell and was fairly impressed. They were a bit too goth/slow/dramatic/theatrical for my taste but I gotta say that singer has one hell of a throat. Very powerful voice and presence. The crowd was pretty mellow for their set though, but they got a good response considering.

The friend I was going to meet up with showed up after Moonspell finished up. I can't believe I found him considering how friggin' packed that shithole of a club was. Every time I see a show there I fand myself and everyone else muttering "I wish this was at Water Street Music Hall instead". Steel Music Hall reminds me of a 2 car garage with a bar on the side! Anyway - I was glad to see the place was packed to capacity. I don't know if anyone without tickets was turned away at the door or not, but I know it had to be close to a friggin' fire hazard. When I saw Shadows Fall there the room was half empty and it was kinda wierd.

A few interesting things before the Opeth set started...... Did anyone see DAN LILKER walking around? At first I thought it just looked like him, but then I remembered he'd been livinig in Rochester for the last couple years. I was sort of surprised a guy with his history in the scene didn't have a backstage pass. It was cool seeing him as "just a fan". Nuclear Assault was one of my favorite bands back in High School (13 years ago?). Anyway - that chick with the thigh high boots and leather skin-tight hooker suit was fun to squeeze by every couple minutes or so LOL! Damn she was bubbly and constantly bugging the sound guy to introduce her to Micheal Akerfeldt.

Now the Opeth set:

WOW! Fantastic. They played the full set with nothing cut (Master's, Drapery, Moor, Windowpane, Time of Need, April Ethereal, Deliverance, BWPark, Demon). The sound was tight!. I burned a cd with the setlist tunes on it a week before so I was well rehearsed for the show... heh. There was a nice pit that started up during April Ethereal and it pretty much stayed going on and off for most of the rest of the show on JUST the heavy parts which was good. Good Slamming crowd too. This is how it's done boys and girls, Pay attention: KEEP YOUR FUCKING ELBOWS DOWN AND NO THIS AIN'T A FUCKING KICK BOXING COMPETITION! Damn the kids at most of the shows I've been to recently just don't get it. This show was an exception. Good clean slammin', no one got hurt and it felt good to get the adrenaline out! Fantastic! :headbang: I'm gettin' old though so I only slammed for a couple tunes though.

The mellow part of the show was great too. A few folks knew the words and sang along to My Time Of Need.

Finishing off the show with Blackwater Park and Demon Of the fall was a great climax to the night. Best show I've seen since Metallica back in '88. I was totally spent/exhausted by the end of the night.

MAN, I HOPE THEY COME BACK FOR THE NEXT TOUR (but go to water street music hall next time!)

I got the Lamentations DVD in the mail the next day from Amazon so it's been an all Opeth all week sort of thing.

:hotjump: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :hotjump:

It was a great show. I missed Devildriver too.

Wish I could have hung out for a while after the show to meet the band but I had to work the next day.

I agree - Steel Music Hall blows. Still a great show. Deliverance, Blackwater Park and Windowpane were the highlights. April Ethereal was insane. It kicked off the second half of the show like a mofo.

Akerfeldt is god!