Rochester show, 10/18

shoemucker

New Metal Member
Mar 31, 2005
I had the extremely unique pleasure of seeing IE for my first time at The Penny Arcade near Rochester. What made this so incredibly unique is that the only band playing was IE, and it became basically a private concert.

We got there at about 8 (traveling from Albany) and were the first two people in at 8:30. The venue did a terrible job promoting the show, not even listing it on its website's schedule, and as a result by 10:30 there were only about 15 people in the place. Huge credit to IE for playing, because it can't be a ton of fun to perform in front of 10 people, no matter how much they scream and jump around :p

Despite the small crowd, they had ridiculous energy, stu's vocals were very impressive and altogether it was amazing to watch (~13 songs total, including a new one). We even enjoyed the first live rendition of Morose Seclusion, along with a few made up songs about Dave and the guy who got everyone beers. Afterwards the band jumped off the stage and basically started talking with everyone. I had the chance to talk with Troy for about 10 minutes before I had to leave; very cool guy.

So to all of you guys in IE, awesome job and thanks for playing for us. You can bet I'll be at the next show near albany, and thanks to Stu for giving me Dave's guitar pick ;p

-Jason

Ahhh! I was going to travel with my girlfriend to see that show but when I called the venue about the time, i was told that it was most likely going to be cancelled! So fuckin pissed!