Rock Songs To Get Married To

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
Valanx is getting hitched soon and here's a few suggestions of rock songs you might like to choose at your forthcoming wedding.

The most obvious one:-

BILLY IDOL - WHITE WEDDING

But I think any of these would be cool to hear being played in the background:-

AC/DC - LET ME PUT MY LOVE INTO YOU
DIAMOND HEAD - SUCKING MY LOVE
KISS - LICK IT UP
ZEPPELIN - WHOLE LOTTA LOVE
GIRLSCHOOL - GIVE IT TO ME HARD AND FAST!!!!

Or maybe something alone these lines:-

SLAYER: Hell Awaits
METALLICA: For Whom The Bell Tolls
METALLICA: Creeping Death
METALLICA: Escape
HALFORD: Into The Pit
LA GUNS: One Way Ticket
MEGADETH; Into The Lungs Of Hell
TROUBLE: R.I.P.

Valanx don't take the above too seriously, I'm only messin, I wish you all the best for your wedding. What band have you picked anyway - I hear Diamond Head only charge £1000. Go book them RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

Amused yes, but definately not offended! Its funny actually because the other night we were listening to tons (and i mean tons) of tunes trying to pick the right song(s) and it is not an easy task at all, in fact along with everything else going on its almost as stressfull and certainly as important!!

But as i love the metal so much i have to find THE tune, but of course it has to be a two way thing and i have to think of guests etc. so i cant just say fuck it and put Painkiller or something on! Shame!

For the actual wedding im toying with the idea of something instrumental...
Something along the lines of 'Cryptic Wintermoon' "When all is said and done" it sounds awesome...but my girlfriend doesnt like the solo!!!!

Anyway 'White Wedding' was a good one! And 'Hell Awaits' lol , I welcome all non-diamond head related suggestions!! maybe, at the reception i will get the DJ to play 'am i evil' in your honour Princess!! I still have it lying about somewhere (literally!)

They only charge £1000 ??? lmao I hope they inform the benifits agency before they play haha

Just had a brill thought this morning Valanx, why don't you make it a double wedding with your Kylie cos I've just seen the perfect mate for her, plus he's into a bit of KISS as well hehehe!

http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/modules/subjects/pages/PugslySimmons2.jpg

Don't you think they would make the most awesome couple LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't reallybeen thinking much about songs to get married to, the only one that springs to mind this morning is my favourite UFO song, Love to Love You, how supremely awesome is that song - totally mindblowing - the solo at the end is out of this world, that would probably be the best song to get played at your wedding. Going to give it a wee listen to once I finish listening to Blackfoot's Highway Song, woohoo that's brill!!! I must go now Emperor Valanx and think of some funny titles.

valanx said:
They only charge £1000 ??? lmao I hope they inform the benifits agency before they play haha

LOL yeah only £1000, what an ultra bargain. I'm almost tempted to grab a hold of any old geezer I come across and marry him for no other reason than I want to hear Diamond Head play, cos I can't wait until November to see them, I must see them way sooner than that. Hey another brill thought, any of youse up for it, howzabout it Nightwar, you're partial to a bit of Diamond Head, what about we get hitched asap and get them to play at our wedding and then a few days later we could do a Britney.

It's okay folks I'm only joking, I'm not that desperate to see DH, I can wait till November to catch them, though the anticipation is more or less killing me!!!

PS Nightwar, I didn't mean you were an old geezer honest!!!

Friends of mine got married about 3 years ago with Metallica's "Nothing else matters". They were playing that song in the church when the ceremony was over. Great ! :cool:

Suzie said:
Friends of mine got married about 3 years ago with Metallica's "Nothing else matters". They were playing that song in the church when the ceremony was over. Great ! :cool:

I love that song!! I know a couple who walked down the aisle to "Follow you, follow me" by Genesis

Suzie said:

Back in the day i used to love that song, well, when i say love i mean i used to play it in the company of a girl who enjoyed it, which would always prove benificial to me..

Now all i am left with is my hatred for lars ulrich... And utter contempt for what metallica have become.

Having said that, i can relate to the fact that it would be a nice song at a wedding though.

Id love to go with 'Progenies of the great apocalypse' by Dimmu Borgir! if only for the look on peoples faces! One of the best Black Metal tunes of recent years it be! awesome video too!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: