Rocklahoma 2012 lineup

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/178153 :

Rocklahoma has announced the 2012 lineup for the three-day camp and rock festival that features the top current active rock artists and classic bands. America’s biggest Memorial Day Weekend party - May 25th - 27th at Catch tTe Fever Festival Grounds in Pryor, OK - is proud to be presented by Budweiser.

The initial Rocklahoma lineup includes: ROB ZOMBIE, CHICKENFOOT, CREED, MEGADETH, SLASH, QUEENSRŸCHE, CHEVELLE, THEORY OF A DEADMAN, JACKYL, PUDDLE OF MUDD, HELLYEAH, P.O.D., VOLBEAT, 10 YEARS, CAVO, ADELITAS WAY, BLACK STONE CHERRY, POP EVIL, RED, THE DARKNESS, ART OF DYING, TRIVIUM, ARANDA, REDLIGHT KING, JAMES DURBIN, JANUS, NEW MEDICINE, RIVAL SONS, ANTI MORTEM, GYPSY PISTOLEROS, WILDSTREET, FIRSTRYKE, BLACK TORA, SUNSET RIOT, THE GLITTER BOYS, FIST OF RAGE, SWITCHBLADE SCARLETT, KRANK and more.

Further details at the Rocklahoma website or Facebook page.

This festival used to be a niche hair metal thing and the promoter sold it due to poor ticket sales, and that's a shame. Now it's all soccer-mom rock bands, no fun allowed. =/

Cool to see The Darkness on there though. I saw them here on tour and they were amazing.

I had the misfortune of seeing both Adelita's Way and Pop Evil at different shows.

Bands who have to resort to f-bombs to get a reaction from the crowd between songs should be permanently banned from performing anywhere ever!

James Durbin better enjoy shows like this while they last.

I had the misfortune of seeing both Adelita's Way and Pop Evil at different shows.

Bands who have to resort to f-bombs to get a reaction from the crowd between songs should be permanently banned from performing anywhere ever!

Oh God! I hated Adelita's Way sooooooooo much! Luckily, I never had to sit through Pop Evil.

It's not that bad of a lineup. It's actually got a number of decent bands. Having said that though, it's a very strange lineup but there definitely is variety.

Children of Bodom would have no more gigs then....

Why all the hate for some of these bands?!
Look, I can understand you dissing this band & that band,
just cause you think they're not "That Metal" or whatever,
but I've seen Pop Evil 3 or 4 times w/ my gf shari, & they've always been cool to me & my gf shari
& they really kicked some serious major ass live!!!
Btw, when PE opened for Priest a few years ago on the British Steel Anniversary show,
I really liked them!!
Granted, they did seem like an odd choice to open for Judas Priest to begin w/ imo.
But PE's newest album, "War Of The Angels" is pretty heavy w/ some ballads thrown in,
& I personally think it's much, much better than their first album, "Lipstick On The Mirror"!!!
This is just my 2 cents, plus I really do dig Pop Evil!!!
Sorry, that most of you don't. :)

I think Megadeth are touring with Rob Zombie aren't they?

@ DrkLrd - That's cool that you like them.
I guess I should clarify. I know many seasoned bands drop F bombs.

I am speaking primarily about young bands out on their first big tours resorting to juvenile ramblings to get the attention of a handful of drunks who might raise the horns to a swear word.

Taking Dawn is another example.
Unlike Pop Evil, I thought musically they were decent. Kind of a modern twist on the 80s Sunset Strip sound.
Reminded me of early Crue at times. Though between EVERY (and I literally mean EVERY) song, it was non stop F this and F that, and F you , and F everything. It's like, "Ok dude. we get it. You have a potty mouth. Rock N Roll"

Sorry, that stuff does impact my impression of a band and my willingness to give them a chance.

It's not that bad of a lineup. It's actually got a number of decent bands. Having said that though, it's a very strange lineup but there definitely is variety.

Yeah, I guess ONE or TWO is still a number, but not an acceptable number for anyone with good taste in music to attend such a crap fest.

Also, the couple decent bands (IE - I assume you speak of Megadeth, Queensryche, and maybe Rob Zombie), aren't exactly at the top of their game these days .

Though between EVERY (and I literally mean EVERY) song, it was non stop F this and F that, and F you , and F everything. It's like, "Ok dude. we get it. You have a potty mouth. Rock N Roll"

I went with my son to Mayhem last Summer (so I could see Megadeth & Machine Head) and literally ALL the early bands were like this. It was extremely annoying. I've seen tons of bands swear on stage. But this new crop of bands seemingly can't utter a word without peppering it with F-bombs. I'm no prude, I know people swear...I swear myself in the context of the conversation (if that makes any sense).

But these bands were just killing me with it. "Fucking come the fuck on you motherfuckers!! Fucking get your fucking fists up in the fucking air!! Right fucking now motherfuckers!! I fucking wanna hear every fucking last fucking one of you motherfuckers fucking scream your fucking lungs right the fuck out of your fucking throats!!"

I wanted to fucking punch them. :D