Roger Waters at Nissian (VA)

I don't DARE ask how much they cost, but since I know you are a fan, it ought to be worth it.....

J-Dubya - Toto's Africa is OFF LIMITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heh:

J-Dubya 777 said:
I don't DARE ask how much they cost, but since I know you are a fan, it ought to be worth it.....
Yes, worth it. Plus, Gilmour has said Floyd will never tour again (with/without Waters). Waters toured in 2002, but before that it was a long time. (86 or so?). So I figure it will probably be the last time. Yes, I'm a fan. Fan in the traditional sense of the word - fanatical. Floyd and Waters are the only bands I'll really do something crazy over. I mean, I love plenty of others as music is my life, but there aren't many bands I'd spend whatever it takes to see. :)

J-Dubya 777 said:
J-Dubya - Toto's Africa is OFF LIMITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heh:
We'll see about that! :p Okay, fine. We'll just cover PoS instead! :O

OdinsCourt said:
Yes, worth it. Plus, Gilmour has said Floyd will never tour again (with/without Waters). Waters toured in 2002, but before that it was a long time. (86 or so?). So I figure it will probably be the last time. Yes, I'm a fan. Fan in the traditional sense of the word - fanatical. Floyd and Waters are the only bands I'll really do something crazy over. I mean, I love plenty of others as music is my life, but there aren't many bands I'd spend whatever it takes to see. :)

We'll see about that! :p Okay, fine. We'll just cover PoS instead! :O

I never got to see Floyd, and I regret it to this day.
If you cover PoS, I will make the road trip out there, and throw eggs! :lol:

J-Dubya

OdinsCourt said:
Saw Floyd live once and Waters live twice. Best concerts EVER. :D

Hmm. That may be worth it to actually get you to a show! :p

I'll avoid hitting the guitars, especially the UV....... ;)

I'd really like to get out there, finances and PT from work are my main issues.
I used a lot of my earned time taking care of my dad last month. I'll have enough for Prog Power. I'd take that SWOP!

J-Dubya

p.s. Are you still looking for a Gold Badge for the wife? I know someone who might have one, e-mail me at jwillcoxon[{at}]gmail dot com, and I'll get the 2 parties hooked up....

I would just feel weird seeing some guy playing Gilmour's solos... especially "Time" !

I was gonna get tickets for Waters here, but they sold out really fast... I didn't expect them to cause there was lawn seating... oh well :(

@JDub - D'oh! Don't remember if I replied to that message, or even saw it. Rick knows someone too. Should hopefully be covered now.

@Scourge of Malice - Well, Snowy White does a great job and has killer tone. Andy Fairweather Low does okay too. I really like Doyle Bramhall though (who was on the In the Flesh tour, but not this most recent one. Gilmour is my favorite guitarist of all time, and it was a little weired at first watching others do his solos (especially when I first saw The Wall: Live in Berlin when that event happened).

Anyway, too bad you didn't get tickets. I'm sure some will pop up for sale at some point...

OdinsCourt said:
@JDub - D'oh! Don't remember if I replied to that message, or even saw it. Rick knows someone too. Should hopefully be covered now.

@Scourge of Malice - Well, Snowy White does a great job and has killer tone. Andy Fairweather Low does okay too. I really like Doyle Bramhall though (who was on the In the Flesh tour, but not this most recent one. Gilmour is my favorite guitarist of all time, and it was a little weired at first watching others do his solos (especially when I first saw The Wall: Live in Berlin when that event happened).

Anyway, too bad you didn't get tickets. I'm sure some will pop up for sale at some point...

Snowy White rocks. I love his work with Floyd and I love his work with Thin Lizzy. :worship:

J-Dubya 777 said:
Wow, you guys ARE alive!

Gotta blow a call into Pierpont one of these days. I haven't talked to him forever! : /

J-Dubya
Yeah, we're still around. I've just been sooooo busy lately. The DVD is a huge effort, and with everything else I have going on (too much by itself), it just makes things busier.

@Scourge of Malice - That sucks. :(

OdinsCourt said:
Yeah, we're still around. I've just been sooooo busy lately. The DVD is a huge effort, and with everything else I have going on (too much by itself), it just makes things busier.

@Scourge of Malice - That sucks. :(

I know the feeling......It's been a real hectic summer here as well.
Looking forward to the DVD, and hey, in a couple months, I'll see you in Atlanta!

J-Dubya

OH. MY. GOD. Words can't describe! Simply amazing. Sounded AWESOME. Performed AWESOME. Awesome setlist.

Being so close to almot reach out and touch Waters, you can really see how expressive and emotive his face and body language is (and the whole band for that matter).

They really are on a different level than MOST performers out there.

This show and Pink Floyd still rank at the top for me, and I've seen LOTS of shows. Wow.

And it was a long show - 1 hour set, 15 minute break, 1 hour set, 3 minute LOUD cheering, and 25 minute encore. I heard one of the venue peeps say that there were 25,000+ people there. WOW.

Glad you had a good time, that was quite a setlist (posted over on the PP Forum).....
One of these years I'll have to get around to seeing either Waters, Gilmour or both.....

J-Dubya