Roger Waters to perform Dark Side live in Australia

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Ooh.. just found this on Michael Coppel's website.

Thursday Jan 25 at the Acer Arena in Sydney
Thursday Feb 1 at Rod Laver in Melbourne
Monday Feb 05 at Ent Cent in Brisbane
Wednesday Feb 07 at Ent Cent in Adelaide
Friday Feb 09 at Members Equity in Perth

Tickets on sale Friday 27th Oct

This is awesome and probably the closest I will ever get to seeing Pink Floyd Live.

I've never had much love for Pink Floyd, let alone Roger. I dont mind a few of their tracks and I actually found myself enjoying the Wall (to a certain degree) when i heard it being played in entirity at a bar i was in recently. I still dont get what all the fuss is about.

GOt this recent review from another board:

Set One

In the Flesh
Mother
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I - V) (abridged)
Have a Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southampton Dock
The Fletcher Memorial Home
Perfect Sense, Parts 1 and 2
Leaving Beirut

Sheep

Set Two (The Dark Side of the Moon)

Speak to Me/Breathe
On the Run
Time
The Great Gig in the Sky
Money
Us and Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage

Eclipse
Encore
The Happiest Days of Our Lives

Another Brick in the Wall, Part II
Vera
Bring the Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

I was at the Montreal concert too. I knew I was going to enjoy the show but I was seriously on the floor when the concert was over, 10 times better than I expected. Like XeRocks, Perfect sense and also Fletcher Memorial Home were a "lump in my throat moment".

My brother and 2 of my friends were also with me and there's one thing we agreed on right away, I like Gilmour and Floyd a lot but we seriously think RW version of DSOTM is far more superior to the one on Pulse. The voice signing The great gig in the sky on this tour is superior to Sam Brown and the other women on Pulse IMO (actually I never liked Sam Brown's voice on Great gig). First thing I thought of when the song was over is, ok the lady can sing but she no Theresa Thompson LOL. Also there's was no freakin' improvisation during Money, which I think totally kills the guitar solo of the song on Pulse and Delicate sound of thunder. Finally, On the run was a lot closer to what's on the original album.

The only downside for me was Comfortably numb, mainly the guitar solo (the rest of the song was ok, no complaints) which was shared by two guitarist. One of them his distortion effect was a lot less than the other so it was kinda weird listening to it. One guitarist is sound was closer to what we usually hear from David Gilmour but the other it was a bit too clean, I thought it was taking away the punch the solo usually has.

Rogerdsotm.jpg