Def Leppard touring Australia!!

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Oooh yeah. About time they came back.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98789

British rock heavyweights DEF LEPPARD will include Australia in the world tour for their new album "Songs From The Sparkle Lounge" in what will be their first visit since 1992. The tour will kick off with a mighty big bang in Perth with a huge outdoor show on Friday, October 31.

To celebrate the band's long overdue return to Australia, the ever-popular CHEAP TRICK will be along for the ride, making this one helluva double shot of rock! Local Melbourne band THE GALVATRONS are the lucky ones to have scored the support spot.

DEF LEPPARD, CHEAP TRICK and THE GALVATRONS Australian tour dates:

Oct. 31 - Members Equity Stadium, Perth
Nov. 03 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Nov. 05 - Acer Arena, Sydney
Nov. 07 - Newcastle Entertainment Centre
Nov. 08 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Nov. 10 - Win Entertainment Centre, Wollongong
Nov. 11 - Ais Arena, Canberra

Tickets go on sale on Friday, June 20.

Newcastle, Wollongong and Canberra, but not Adelaide? Adelaide must be on a big band boycott list or something. Priest probably can't work out how to get their emails, so that's why they're going.

MY TICKETEK INTERNET PRE-SALE DEF LEPPARD/CHEAP TRICK
Pre-sale starts : Wed 18 Jun, 3pm
Pre-sale ends* : Thu 19 Jun, 3pm
General public on sale : Fri 20 Jun, 9am
A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the General Public, not a preferential seating service. A selection of seating throughout the venue is made available for pre-sales.
*Or until pre-sale allocation is sold out.
On sale times are quoted in local time.

From the Lord forum:

Tickets prices*:
Acer Arena Sydney
Cat 1 - Hysteria: $155.00
Cat 2 - Adrenalize: $128.00
Cat 3 - Euphoria: $99.00

Cheap Trick used to tour here as the opening band on Angels tours.

Edit: Actually, that's not quite true, but the tours they have done have been club dates with groups like Choirboys and GANGgajang, so that hardly justifies the price.

Those going to the Newcastle gig do this its good way to have a few Lagers before for only $30.00 bucks . I did this for Heaven & Hell, and had a blast , only about 30 odd people turned up , but it was a Wednesday night ... certainly got my fill and monies worth ..

Def Leppard Curtain Raiser
The Newcastle Entertainment Centre is launching their "Curtain Raiser" pre-show functions for Def Leppard.

Curtain Raiser is held 5:00pm - 6:30pm in the John Farnham Room directly opposite the Newcastle Entertainment Centre (NEC).
Canapés (hot and cold)
Beer
Wine
Champagne
Soft Drink

A perfect way to get in the mood prior to the show!