Judas Priest, motherfuckers!

I quite liked Angel. Didn't sound anything like Aerosmith's original, but it's always nice to see a band do it's own thing with a cover.

twas great nite , had a blast we were seated in silver right in front so had a good view, not sure about a set list... kinda due the 1 hour of power drinking at the Stawberry hill, 6 schnooers I think was it Ralphe and sanj. hehhehe. well can't wait to go to ralphe's 40th now

Have been racking the brain , this what i remember being played not 100% sure but here goes

Between the Hammer and the Anvil
You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Messenger of Death
Prophecy
Hell Bent For Leather
Hellion/Electric Eye
Rock Hard, Rock Free
Devil's Child - love that song
Angel - Sanj likes that one
The Sinner
Metal Gods
Breaking The Law
Painkiller

This is the setlist from the beginning of the tour, and I'm pretty sure Brisbane was identical:

01. Intro: Dawn of Creation
02. Prophecy
03. Metal Gods
04. Eat Me Alive
05. Between the Hammer and the Anvil
06. Devil's Child
07. Breaking the Law
08. Hell Patrol
09. Death
10. Dissident Aggressor
11. Angel
12. The Hellion / Electric Eye
13. Rock Hard, Ride Free
14. Sinner
15. Painkiller
---------------
16. Hell Bent for Leather
17. The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown)
18. You've Got Another Thing Coming

Holy shit that was sensational! :headbang:

Disgusting turn out for a band who have been around as long as they have and who have influenced so many metal bands. Its really sad how so many people went out of their way to see Maiden yet couldn't even rustle up some cash to see Judas Priest.

Anyway back to the show:kickass:, I was in a good position pretty close the to the front so I stayed for Angel it was over pretty fast. The encores flew by but they were so aweseome, great to see the bike coming out onstage for Hellbent. My neck was pretty wrecked by the end of it all so the set list length suited me. We went to Enigma and drank like fish watching Electric Eye after the show - my hangover is pretty legendary today! I guess mixing up Tequila, Beer and Scotch probably didnt help my cause.

A shame Delivering the Goods didnt make an appearance but at least they didnt name the tour Back Delivering the Goods:lol:

I really REALLY enjoyed the show although from where i was sitting the sound was not so great. Mostly i could hear Rob way too loud with way too much echo, and not enough guitars. Still that's what i get for waiting too long to buy tickets and ending up on the side! Regardless of that i thought it was a top show.

Agreed that it's pretty upsetting that more people didn't come out and support the show. I mean... it was a decent turnout, but for PRIEST? Come on. It shoulda sold out quickly, by rights. I thought a lot of the audience were a bit subdued by Melbourne standards as well... especially where i was sitting. It's rock n roll god dammit, get up and go nuts fkn.

Anyway don't let those little complaints confuse you, i had a top night. It was great.

Great choice of songs too i thought.

(cut and paste from the LORD forum):

Priest for me was fairly disappointing, although I did walk away with a stupid smile on my face and a sense of satisfaction about seeing them.

I thought the sound from where I was in the venue was fairly ordinary. Painkiller especially was nothing but massive sub-kick thud, snare and the occasional over the top vocal. You could barely hear any of the intricacies of the guitar playing at all, and Ian may as well have not even been there.

Rob cheated a lot. Given his age, what he did was still really impressive, but a lot of his high stuff he either wussed out and did an octave down, strained like hell to get it and mostly got a real thin, strangled vocal out, or they covered it with a ridiculous amount of echo. You could whisper your shopping list into the mic and that would still sound brutal when it's that loud with that much echo on it. The times where he DID nail the stuff were sensational though.

Scott was another surprise in that he was really sloppy during the first part of the set. Lots of WAY rushed rolls, and not only did the "throw the stick in the air" trick get a little old after a while, he dropped about 50% of the ones he threw.

But apart from all of that, and apart from the mind-numbingly boring stand-and-wait-for-the-next-song experience of the Nostradamus material, I found myself standing there grinning like an idiot, horns in the air, singing along and cheering. This was PRIEST. The metal gods! It was awesome to see them here and great to hear them live, especially the Painkiller stuff which wasn't on their old live albums and videos.

Ultimately, I walked away happy and I think I got my reduced-price ticket money's worth, but I think I would have been left feeling a little short-changed if I'd paid the full $160. This was in sheer comparison to, say, Maiden where I walked out going "they so ripped themselves off - that was incredible on every level".

Good show, but not quite awesome for me. :)

Yes, I noticed the echo on Rob's vox. Still, for his age I was pretty impressed, the only song that I really thought, "gee he cant quite cut it anymore" was Painkiller. But it still was great seeing it played in front of me with Rob and I'm thankful for that experience. Where I was standing the mix was OK but the drums were possibly a fraction too loud and the stick throwing was off the charts! Mostly I could hear all the guitars and it was brilliant standing in front of KK.

It sux how you can't take your drink onto the entertainment centres floor, hence the tequila shots to move things along;) at least this time they didnt make me take of my wallet chain or my studded jacket and belt!

I agree TinMan, the choice of songs was good.

I really enjoyed the show and I too was pretty disappointed with the crowds size and lack of enthusiasm. Not sure what people are complaining about regarding the set length, in Melb they came on at 9 and walked off the stage at about 10:47, a decent set by any stretch! I quite liked them opening with Dawn of Creation / Prophecy, and thought only including a couple of new tracks was a tasteful thing to do. Rock Hard, Ride Free and Painkiller rocked my fucking world.

As for performances, I was quite impressed with Rob considering the man is pushing 60!! That is insane! Balls to him for still getting on stage and giving it a go. That goes for all of them actually. Despite still rocking on and putting on a good show, they all do look their age, and of all the greats (Sabbath, Dio, Maiden, etc) I think they will be the first to hang up their touring boots, which made me even more glad to have now seen them live. Metal Gods. Hail.

Oh, and Electric Mary were a great opener as well.