new Priest album details = bizarre!

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
JUDAS PRIEST To Create Conceptual Album Based Upon Life Of NOSTRADAMUS - Apr. 7, 2006

JUDAS PRIEST have announced that they are creating their first conceptual album based upon the life and predictions of Nostradamus. The CD will be theatrically staged and performed in its entirety as an epic musical by JUDAS PRIEST.

JUDAS PRIEST made their only live appearance of 2006 at the Royal Albert Hall in London, England on March 31. This was a special performance in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust charity and was a tribute to Tommy Vance (U.K.'s "Friday Rock Show") who passed away last year.

JUDAS PRIEST's "Rising in the East" DVD was recently certified gold in the United States by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for shipments in excess of 50,000 copies. The DVD was released in the USA and Canada on November 15, 2005. The disc was filmed in May 2005 at the legendary Budokan in Tokyo, Japan. The definitive JUDAS PRIEST lineup — vocalist Rob Halford, lead guitarists Glenn Tipton and K.K. Downing, bass guitarist Ian Hill and drummer Scott Travis — played two sold-out nights at the venue to promote the early-2005 release of the critically acclaimed studio album "Angel of Retribution", their first new material in 15 years. "Rising in the East" is JUDAS PRIEST's first straight-to-DVD release.

Columbia/Legacy has just released JUDAS PRIEST's vintage concert DVD "Live Vengeance '82", which was previously only available on DVD as limited-edition bonus with "Metalogy" box set.

They have kept saying they have an interesting idea in the works, but I never expected anything like that! Priest doing a concept album...can they pull it off? Bizarre.

JUDAS PRIEST made their only live appearance of 2006 at the Royal Albert Hall in London, England on March 31.

What do they mean is 2006 over already...sounds like a crap press release.........

Loch Ness stinks, but for some reason I find myself looking forward to this. Nostradamus and doomsday predictions have always fascinated me, so perhaps when I buy the album I can write it off as a research expense.

I've said too much already *whistles*.

W

I've got the latest JP album in my car. Should listen to it again.

Ripper's a top vocalist...it's a shame he wasn't able to forge his own career before taking the place of established vocalists like he did.