Judas Priest, motherfuckers!

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
One of the world’s definitive heavy metal bands Judas Priest, who have sold more than 35 million albums worldwide, will bring their mammoth Priest Feast 2008 tour to Australian fans in September.

The Priest Feast tour will showcase their hugely impressive legacy as well as new tracks from their forthcoming album Nostradamus, which will be released by Sony BMG on 14 June, 2008.

The new album is a metal opera based on the life and predictions of Nostradamus. Long in the works, Nostradamus takes epic storytelling to a whole new level, as it recounts the life of this mysterious, world known 16th Century French prophet.

Judas Priest will be joined by special international guests Cavalera Conspiracy, Sepultura’s Max & Iggor reunited and Australia’s own Daysend.

TOUR DATES:*
Wednesday 10 September - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Friday 12 September - Acer Arena, Sydney
Saturday 13 September - Hisense Arena, Melbourne
Sunday 14 September - Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Tuesday 16 September - Burswood Dome, Perth

Ooh, big venue this time. One wonders if that would have happened before Maiden's tour (well, obviously not because they played the Arena last time, did they not? WITH Halford?).

Really? I was sure they toured after Halford rejoined and remember thinking it was odd they were still playing the smaller venues. Hmm.

What's Hisense Arena?

ah! fuck!

how close to Opeth is this show?!

might as well stay the week up in Sydney!

oh, well.

must get to this show!
will sell children to see Priest!

any word on when tickets go on sale and for how much.

also, Daysend are so going to get booed -poor guys.

I really don't think Daysend will get booed at all, or at least not that much, but they will cop a slagging from scenesters who think they aren't deserving of the slot, as if a band that has two albums out and has done a US tour somehow isn't metal enough to play a gig like this compared to some band that only plays twice a year and puts out rehearsal tapes as "official" releases.

Compared to (say) BCE, they are far better known among metal crowds even by older fans. Their style might not "fit" with Priest, but Sepultura isn't really an exact match either. The kiddies who turn up to see CC because of the Soulfly connection will love Daysend, and they have enough metal in them to appeal to others as well. They're a far better opener than Parkway Drive or someone would be.

Oh and as for the rest of your question, I don't know about sales or cost. I got this off another forum. I'm sure we'll find out more as the day nears.

I'd say they'd cost about the same as Heaven & Hell did. Be interesting to see the configuration for Brisbane - Maiden had the full-size arena, while Sabbath (sorry, Heaven & Hell) did the reduced seating. I just don't see Priest selling nearly as many tickets as Maiden did.

I hadn't heard of Hisense Arena either. Apparently they're renaming Vodafone Arena next month. That won't be confusing at all.

They just changed Telstra Stadium here to ANZ Stadium virtually overnight with hardly any notice. It took three months to change the sign. If you'd come to Sydney and didn't know where it was, you could have driven around for days and not even realised that it's that fucking enormous place you can see from almost everywhere.

another question is will they play a "classic" set of all their hits and albums or just do the new Rock Opera from start to end with an encore of their more popular songs.

either way will be good but will also divide the potential audience.

Boy am I FUCKING excited about this!!!

Man, Priest are currently the number one band on my must see list, so this has me hard in the pants. Fuck. Yes. And at a decent sized arena as well. Oh hell yeah!

Also, I am under the impression it is a greatest hits setlist with some new material thrown in, and the full blown rock opera shows they want to do are in the pipeline for next year.

:hotjump:

Pre-sale from 6/6. Public sale from 13/6.

Shadow, as the new album will only be released on the 14th of June and Priest has only ever toured here once, I'm of the opinion that it will mostly be a heritage show covering Sad Wings thru to Painkiller, with maybe a newer song in the mix somewhere. Even if it isn't, it's Judas fucking Priest!!!!

So I should be right just listening to Metal Works (or whatever that best-of is called) and the new album over and over? Any idea if they're doing stuff from their previous album?

Not a huge Priest fan to be honest, but I'll certainly be going to see them anyway.