Rollins Band Atlanta GA

karrokid

freelance jackass
Feb 12, 2005
nashville
just a quick review of the rollins band show last night. i know there are a few fans on here.

if you are a fan of the rollins band and you have a chance to see this tour, you should make the effort to get a ticket. the band ( the reunited weight line up) is tight as hell right now. stage banter was kept to a minimum so that maximum set list could be played. the band is currenty on tour with 70's l.a. punk outfit X, but they do play about 60/65 minutes. henry looks like he hasn't aged (except the gray crew cut) and he gives his all as always. chris haskett, sim cain, and melvin gibbs seem to be locked in and enjoying themselves which may prove for a new disc though no new songs are in the works right now.
set list was (some what in this order)

on my way to the cage
burnt beyond recognition
disconect
low self opinion
divine object of hatred
civilized
alien blue print
icon
tearing
shine
liar
fool

can't tell you about X because i left and drove back to nashville so i could get to work this morning. the opening band "riverboat gamblers" were alright. kinda old school (ramones) meets new school (whoever) punks. :headbang:

Saw Hank and the Boys last week in Boston. I dragged my Buddy along who never was into them, he's still recovering! :heh:

I've said it before, Rollins is the most intense performer I've ever seen live, I swear he's gonna Spontanous Combust one of these time!
The Rollins Band is like getting hit in the Face with a Sack of Bricks and then being pummelled by a Phuematic (sp) Sledgehammer for an Hour, simply Brillaint!

out,
t

Reunited weight Lineup!!! :headbang:

Some how i missed that news. Rollins made the biggest mistake droping those guys, glad to see them back :kickass:

Some how i missed that news. Rollins made the biggest mistake droping those guys, glad to see them back
i think it was a mutual split. they felt they were writting the same songs again and, once they moved to dreamworks they had a lot of problems (mo money mo problems). hope to see them record some new stuff since weight is a great album but, rollins has said this was a short summer tour and if they felt a need to record and carry on they would. if not they would all go back to what they were doing before this. another cool note is that the L.A. show on september 2nd is a rollins band headline show w/ mother superior opening (the rollins band of the last 8 years). i would expcet to see henry do a few songs with them that night as well.

yeah i left the show at 10:00pm. i called in sick that day to go to the show and i had about a 3 1/2 hour ride home. i'm not as good at staying up all night and getting through a 10 hour work day anymore.
i'm going to see comeback kid this wenesday and luckily they are only about 15 minutes from my house

X wasn't that impressive actually. Course after following ROLLINS BAND anyone seems unimpressive. o_O

As much as I'm happy to see this line up again, I really think the Mother Superior version of ROLLINS BAND put out some Killer Stuff!

Not comparing the two, as they are two different entities all together.
The MS version had allot more flexability to them, where as the Weight line up just hits you like a Train and beats you into submission (not that there is anything wrong with that):kickass:
out,
t

Oh man, you skipped X??

Anyway, great band, Melvin Gibbs rules. One of my favorite songs from this lineup is "Ghostrider".