Ronnie Jame Dio Hospitalized :(

Qrusher14242

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
from BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

DIO
— the band fronted by legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) — has cancelled its previously announced European tour after Ronnie was taken ill. "Ronnie has been hospitalized and we are waiting for further news," the singer's wife/manager Wendy Dio told BLABBERMOUTH.NET.

:cry: hopefully he is ok

What I don't like at all about this is the fact that nothing has been released about what has happened, other than the fact that something has happened. Not good news at all. I'm not religious, so I don't pray, but I am sending some good thoughts his way. Dio is one of my idols, a hell of a front man, and a hell of a good person.

i know. If it was something trivial, they would of said it. I hope for the best. I met him once back in 97 and he was the most kind person you could ever meet. He's one of my idols for sure. Hope he gets better :(

Caught him with Blac . . . I mean Heaven & Hell the last two times they hit Philly. Still a phenomenal voice. Hopefully all is well and he's back throwing the horns soon enough.

Steve in Philly

Oh, no, oh hell. He's my hero. Such an awesome musician/performer beyond all the youngsters. Also the, bar none, nicest, most down-to-earth "rock star" I have ever met. I'm always surprised when he remembers my name on the occasions we meet. I'll have every thought and prayer for this guy. He's the best, as a musician and person.

Well he's 67, he had tour constantly a lot for years. Time always takes its toll.

Let's hope for his best recovery.

From the official Dio blog on Myspace:

Here is the latest update from Wendy Dio:

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

Thanks to all the friends and fans around the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up.

Long Live Rock and Roll, Long Live Ronnie James Dio"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the official Dio blog on Myspace:

Here is the latest update from Wendy Dio:

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

Thanks to all the friends and fans around the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up.

Long Live Rock and Roll, Long Live Ronnie James Dio"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad news but lets be positive and hope he recovers from this. Hang in there Ronnie!