Ronnie James Dio, Passed Away?

Khan71

Aug 5, 2006
Several sources reporting that Ronnie has passed away tonight. No point giving links because all are crashing due to the rush of traffic. I hope this is some horrible mistake...but I don't think so

RIP - Ronnie James Dio

Sigh :(

blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140115

I've never been happier to be wrong about something. It doesn't sound good from what his wife said...but at least he is still with us.

Sorry about the scare guys, but there were multiple sources.

I was at a show tonight and someone who got a tweat about it announced it but I called a friend who looked up Blabbermouth for me to confirm it was a rumor. I don't know if any of you are familiar with Debbie Obono? She was known as the grandmother of the bay area Metal scene. She managed such bay area thrash legends as Possessed,Vio-lence,Forbidden,& Exodus. She's now is hospice care after rumors about her death came out. Things aren't looking good.:cry:

The greatest voice of rock is gone.

Godspeed Ronnie. We will never forget you.

Jim

This is such shocking news. Ronnie was like none other and could never be replaced. I feel so fortunate I got to see him on his last two tours, and I think it was less than a year ago that I saw him at The Greek Theater in LA. I remember standing there jaw dropped as his voice sounded totally healthy and soothing. I can't believe he would die in less than a year. He sounded so damn good!

Ronnie James Dio was one of the most interesting guys to watch on interviews. He came across as intellectual and not as a rock star. It was also cool that he was American, which added a different take on things.

67 is way too young to leave this place. Then again, he probably outlived a lot of the world. Death is not the end, but a transition.

Dio, a magician of voice and music. A true artist, full of mystery and insight. His poetry can be studied for years to come. No longer is he a rainbow in the dark, for the dark cloud has been lifted and now he can be a rainbow in the light.

Thanks Ronnie! You rock!

RIP, The Greatest American Singer ever. Thank you for giving me hope, when I had none.
God is dead now.

Ronnie may be gone, but his legacy will live forever. His vocal style, fantasy lyrics and imagery, and devil horns have defined the genre of heavy metal, and influenced every metal band in existence. I've had the pleasure of sseing him live several times the past few years, and his voice still sounded amazing. And he will always be special to me, because the very first album I ever bought was Holy Diver.

RIP Ronnie James Dio

R.I.P. RJD

A true Giant in the music industry, and always proudly flew the flag for Heavy Metal over his illustious career. I, as many others, will continue to salute your memory by raising the twin horn salute. \m/

is to sad to know him go pass away. i remember when him come to Puerto Rico with Twister sister. He is the man with band in mid-80-'s do and produce
song "Stars" for the Hear 'n Aid project, with Vivian Campbell contributing on guitar. Campbell became unhappy with the direction of the band[5] and in 1987 was invited to join Whitesnake[6]. Several songs were recorded live during the Sacred Heart tour for the 1986 Intermission EP with Campbell still on guitar, however the EP also contained the studio track "Time To Burn".[7] which served to introduce fans to Craig Goldy as the new guitarist with some many other band and friends play same place like Dave Murray and Adrian Smith, Yngwie, Dokken, Brad Gilis, Quiet Roit and the other band,