Roosters 30 - Warriors 8

Tough As Steel

a.k.a. Aussie Dave
Feb 12, 2002
Canberra
Visit site
F@*K YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

That was one of the best Grand Finals i have seen in a long time.

I am not a Roosters fan, but was barracking for them to win over the NZ Warriors.

It was great to see the Roosters get fired up and roll the Warriors after one of the Warriors clobbered Fittler while he was on the ground.

WELL DONE ROOSTERS!

:D

Since when is tackling someone while he's on the ground an offence? Villasanti was just cleaning up after Fittler got clobbered by Koopu. People who are saying it was an intentional head clash are fooling themselves.

Not surprised by the result, and it was great to see the Warriors stay in there for most of the game. It's a pity that the scoreline doesn't properly reflect what a close game it was, but you get that.

Congrats to the Roosters - even though I hate the Roosters with a passion it's good to see that sort of win after a 27-year drought. I'll have one less reason to hate them next year when Fletcher goes to Souths, but until Hodges and Fittler are gone I won't be able to like them.

Is that really true Spiff? Were the Warriors there most of the game? I watched some of it, and admittedly I'm not the biggest rugby fan in the world, and it was probably the 3rd game I've seen in my life, but to me it looked like the Warriors were lucky they could even keep it to that.

8-6. Unfortunately Fittler made sure he headbutted Richard Villasanti as the big prop went to tackle him, and inspired his charges to victory.

Oh, and that Fitzgibbon try was a blatant double-movement. At least Adolf didn't get the Clive Churchill medal, though, but I thought Luke Phillips deserved it more. Easily the world's most underrated player (Phillips, that is).

It was a pretty good game apart from the tryfest of the last 20 minutes.

Highlight of the entire Grand Final day? Easy. Billy Idol and band standing in the middle of the field with no power :lol: :lol:

That was tragic! I knew I was in for a bad night when Billy was cancelled. He showed a lot of class, though - imagine if that was Sebastian Bach or Axl Rose! :lol:

PS: Is it wrong to use the :lol: smiley if you don't actually laugh out loud? Because I didn't just before but thought it was appropriate.

Yeah its ok, if you laugh in your mind, thats all you need :D

I wanted them to trash the stage :cry:

I hope next year the NRL has a decent song for their advertising campaign. Get the Screaming Jets to do it now that Dave Gleeson is working on the Footy Show. Get them to do a cover of "Kickstart My Heart" or something. That'd rule.