Rose Tattoo

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
Dont know about you lot but Rose Tattoo playing with Saxon is a dream gig for me.They were both on the same label.Angry Anderson is one of the greatest rock singers ever.I have never seen them live but judging by the recent 25 to live album they rock.

My wife has a tattoo of a rose...with some chinese writing and stuff...its really nice.....

Never heard the band though

Angry Anderson? Didn't he do the song that Charlene and Scott Robinson got married to in Neighbours, many moons ago? Not sure if it was called 'Suddenly' or summat like that. I have to say, I did love that song - but that's 'cos I'm a softy :)

Not got any tattoos of roses myself - but I do like real Roses, oh, and the chocolate type as well :D

O.k. for those of who dont know.Rose Tattoo started in the late 70s.They sounded like Bon Scott era AC/DC but with slide guitar and muscle.The first 3 albums are great (Scarred For Life,Rock'n'Roll outlaw and Assult And Battery).They were on the same label as Saxon in the 80s and i think suffered the same way Saxon did.In 1987 Guns 'N' Roses covered Nice Boys on there first E.P.To get an idea heres a short best of.

Assult and battery
Nice boys
The butcher and fast eddie
One of the boys
Dead set
Tramp
Rock 'n' rool is king
Astra Wally
Tv
whos got the cash
We cant be beaten
Menzil madness

Enjoy
Wilks
]

Nice boys dont play rock n roll !!! Ive always liked the guns and roses song, didnt realise it was a cover!

Cool song that one, thanks for the info wilks, from what you describe, i might like them.

Heard a few of the new guns and roses songs from rock am ring, (dvd from last month), sounding pretty damn good !!

Listen to the Rose Tattoo song valanx, the guns&roses song is weak compared. :)

Of course it has a better production and everything, but the RT song is pure energy, RT was the wildest R'n'R band ever, and will ever be.
;)