Rourke set to wrestle WWE's Jericho at Wrestlemania 25

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Rourke set to wrestle WWE's Jericho

Listen up, wrestling fans: actor Mickey Rourke says he's ready to rumble with WWE superstar Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania 25 in Houston's Reliant Stadium on April 5.

Rourke portrays professional wrestler Randy the Ram in the acclaimed movie "The Wrestler." He's signed to wrestle Jericho, for real.

He made a surprise announcement Sunday night on the red carpet before the Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles.

Rourke said he was pleased by the acceptance of the movie by all the WWE wrestlers -- except Jericho. Then Rourke said he was going to toss Jericho "around the ring like tossed salad."

Meanwhile, Jericho, appearing on WWE television, said Rourke was out of line and that he was offended by the comments. He said Rourke made "a mistake."

This sounds awesome. I haven't watched WWE for a couple of years now, but am keen on catching the film, and everyone loves Y2J.

they are really pushing this as a "shoot" angle, trying to make it seem as real as possible.

the WWE also seem to be getting right behind the movie The Wrestler, especially after all the awards and attnetion it's won before it's official release in the cinemas.

but realistically I don't think this will be much of a match.

Rourke used to box a little way back when and now he's old.
think that it will be a filler match leading into a new storyline, most likely with a run in at some point either against Rourke by someone support Jericho or by someone against Jericho to push a new feud.

on the plus side, Jericho is an amazing promo man and can draw a lot for heat and attention, so the build up should be good.

Looks like this has been cancelled already. A smart move on Rourke's part if he actually wants to win an Oscar.

If he does have a change of heart and decides to do Wrestlemania then I wouldn't expect an official announcement until after the Oscars (late Feb).

Has anyone actually seen the movie?

I thought it was really good, i didn't like the ending however. Just kinda ended suddenly without a conclusion. Theres been a lot of that going around recently....No Country for Old Men i'm looking at you!

I saw the movie, thought it was great. Why do people need a definitive ending? Make up your own mind what happens.

No Country for Old Men ended beautifully, just like the novel.

I put No Country For Old Men on and fell asleep during it...woke up about 5 seconds before the end and saw the credits come up and just went "What the FUCK just happened?" haha.

Must remember to watch that again.

DINO-RIDERS!!!

I set this up yesterday...

starscream_victory.jpg

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

I watched a spot of American wrestling a couple of days ago. It just doesn't make sense, if you pretend for a second that it's a real sport. If you just acknowledge that it's a show, like a circus is, then it makes entertainment sense.

But only kids and rednecks think it's a legitimate sport. It's just televised theatre, really. Do you tell people who watch any drama or sitcom that the show they're watching is fake?