WWE's Guerrero*found dead in Minneapolis hotel room

Buzzard

"Fear the man"
Apr 22, 2002
Hoboken
www.billymilano.com
'Consummate performer'

WWE's Guerrero*found dead in Minneapolis hotel room

Posted: Monday November 14, 2005 1:39AM; Updated: Monday November 14, 2005 1:50AM

In February 2004, Eddie Guerrero became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to claim the WWE championship belt.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- World Wrestling Entertainment superstar Eduardo Gory Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room Sunday morning in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE Supershow.
When Guerrero, 38, didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced entry into the room shortly after 7 a.m., police said.
The 5-8, 220-pound wrestler was found on the floor. Attempts to revive him were unsuccessful.There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office. He was a featured star on the UPN series WWE Smackdown! and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.
He is survived by his wife, Vickie, and daughters Shaul, 14; Sherilyn, 9; and Kaylie Marie, 3, according to WWE Web site.
"This is a huge loss," said WWE chairman Vince McMahon. "Eddie was a wonderful, fun-loving human being. Eddie was a consummate performer."
Chavo Guerrero and McMahon said Guerrero was open about his past drug and alcohol abuse but they said he'd been sober for four years.
Guerrero was in the Twin Cities with 60 to 80 other wrestlers to film Friday Night Smackdown at the Target Center.
"I know Eddie would want the show to go on," Chavo Guerrero said.
In February 2004, Guerrero became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion when he defeated Brock Lesnar, a former University of Minnesota wrestling standout. Guerrero lost the title four months later.
In May 2004, UPN aired the special Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story. The one-hour program chronicled his childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life before his recovery and eventual capture of the WWE championship.
Guerrero grew up in El Paso, Texas. He and his three older brothers were all wrestlers.

When I found this out yesterday, I was shocked. I'm still shocked. On RAW tonight, I'm going to cry like a baby. Guerrero was one of my favorites EVER and the wrestling world has lost a great one. Why must the best die so young. This is without a doubt one of the saddest things to ever happen in the world of wrestling. Eddie was one of the best wrestlers to ever lace up a pair of boots, EVER. He was probably the best wrestler in the WWE today. Eddie was one of my favorites ever, and it tears me up inside to write this. I know you can't help what happens, but goddamn Eddie seemed so healthy. I know he was a former addict, but he cleaned his life up. He was a great man. A family man, with a wonderful family. In the ring, you couldn't get any better than Eddie. He could do it all. He could bring the best out of anybody. Eddie always put on a great match. One of the best techinal wrestlers to ever walk the earth. This was the worst time he could have passed. He was on the verge of possibly winning back the World title, a title he proved he deserved, and NOBODY on the Smackdown roster deserved that damn belt more than Eddie. I'm holding back tears as a write because like I said, I have always, and always be an Eddie Gurerreo fan. The man ate, and breathed wrestling. Rest in peice Eddie. You were one of the best. A true godsend to professional wrestling. The world will never see another Eddie Guerrero. Jesus Christ this fucking sucks. Eddie Guerrero: he lied, he cheated, he stole out hearts.

R.I.P.

RAW was heartbreaking last night. I was fighting back tears the whole time. The show went on as it should have, but it was hard to watch. My 12 year old is a huge fan and he loved Eddie...he was more heartbroken than he let on to be...Triple H crying made a big impression on him.

Here's a family guy with a wife and three kids cut down in the prime of life. Addictions, steroids, whatever...It still makes you realize how fleeting life can be.

God bless Eddie...RIP.

I saw on the news and read in various places on the net that he had cleaned up his life (I.E. No drugs, alcohol. etc...) I don't think they've released a cause of death yet....I used to watch this stuff regularly 10 years ago (Give or take) and remember him on channel TBS in the 4 Horsemen and later the whole "Latino Heat" thing w/ Joannie....I feel bad for his family..

schenkadere said:
Here's a family guy with a wife and three kids cut down in the prime of life. Addictions, steroids, whatever...It still makes you realize how fleeting life can be.

God bless Eddie...RIP.