Routing, Blending, Phase, stereo plugin issues..

Sep 26, 2011
Hey guys I have a couple of questions I'm hoping some of you can answer or at least have an easier workaround. For the longest time I've had to (i'm still running Slate 3.5) open multiply instances of Kontakt to trigger a 2nd Slate snare or Kick sample I want to blend with the original (or any other samples) because there is always phase issues but in slate 3.5 I don't see an option anywhere to invert phase, and when I combine them in the same output, id just be flipping both of the snares phase and accomplish nothing. Anything I missed or a workaround??

2nd I know Slate said that his samples were stereo. If i'm not mistaken it's written in the manual, I forget. But I want to emulate a workflow i'm used to. Mono snare, kick and toms and stereo room and overheads. But I noticed that in the overheads output the L and R have different levels so I was naturally assuming it's be best for all of his samples to combine both L and R to a mono track which makes the signal almost peak so i use a trimmer to dial back the output and then process normally.

So is the overheads L & R levels not identical cause it's supposed to since overheads by default should be stereo? Should I just pick one of the L or R instead of route the output to a mono signal?? Or keep them stereo but choose just a L or R of the shells?

A lot of times I like to have a separate snare track to process separately but when i just want to combine the phase issue and output issues really get into the way. Thanks again