Rove by request: Daniel Johns

Tough As Steel

a.k.a. Aussie Dave
Feb 12, 2002
Canberra
Visit site
Did anyone see that interview on Rove last night? I saw the last half. He seems like a cool guy, and it has made me interested in going out and buying the new silverchair album.

But what i want to comment on is that, many of his mannerisms reminded of Dave Murray. The way he sat with leg crossed, the shy quietly spoken voice with an almost feminine quality to it.

Maybe no-one sees that, but for me, there's a lil' bit'o Dave Murray in his speech and body language.

Well i think if i wasn't a Maiden fan, and i watched an interview with Dave Murray for the first time, i might be inclined to say he could be gay, based on how hetro-sexual people stereo-type gay men.

But its' irrelevant to anything that matters. I was just commenting on some similar mannerisms that's all.

I don't think he's gay though. He's fucking Natalie Imbruglia, isn't he?
But he is a good example of someone who hasn't really handled fame very well. Daniel Johns is just a quiet unassuming guy who happens to be a genius.

Well, fame and money has power to it. It may be a shallow power in the grand scheme of events in the universe, but that sort of power has always been an aphrodisiac for the ladies.

DONT buy the new album its CRAP :mad:

Buy Freakshow, Frogstomp and Neon Ballroom, all works of absolute genius!

He sings in a strange falsettoish kind of voice half the time and it really doesnt sound very good, the lyrics are incredibly stupid, the mixing is terrible, it sounds like a big mush half the time and he forgot silverchair dont do entire albums of ballads. Ballads that suck. If they were great I would have been happy, but they arent :(
The first 2 singles are the best songs on the album by far IMHO if that helps :)

i don't wanna brag ,
but i knew the dude back when i was in sydney a cuple of years ago , and i must say , he's a really really nice bloke to be around , he's just a little messed up , too shy , at times he's really really up himself , and can get very ugly once he gets a hint you are moking him ....
he's went through shit with his other 2 band members and his parents "his managers" untill he turned 18 , and i must say that his parents are really suportive and very nice to hang with ,
but he is a mess , no really .. when they were about to launch freakshow , he was so freaking out you couldn't get 2 words stright out of him lol ......
there works have gotten much better by the years i guess ...
and since he started taking singing classes he started to really SING . like too nice lol ....
good for them anyway ..

Well imagine how much shit was put on while he was growing up by all the people who knew him and were jealous? I mean he was still at school and had sold 4 million albums or something :eek: If I wasnt so lazy id go find the lyrics to "No Association" and post them, they said it very well (rocking song too!)

Ive got bootlegs from the Freakshow tour and he is absolutely gone nuts, ranting onstage worse than a drunk Phil Anselmo (and im not joking, its REALLY bizzare!), I felt sorry for him listening to it, he must have been seriously pissed off, though one read of the lyrics to the album could tell you that too I guess.

He seems normaller (a word?) now though :D

Still a genius, but now a genius with one terrible album :D

Boredom wins out, heres the lyrics :D

You've never wanted to know me before
Little or no association
Leave me alone, I want to live
Stop sucking the blood right out of me

Couldn't care less if I died right now
Who am I?
I don't know, you tell me
You seem to know everything else

Need a pathway need a guide