Royal Carnage needs an all-encompassing Carcass thread.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
It's hard for me to decide which is my favorite extreme metal band ever, but it's either Carcass or Morbid Angel depending on which I'm listening to at the time.

Anyhow, I'm watching their old videos on DVD right now realizing how much this band kicked fucking ass. They were innovative, they were all masters of their instruments, they are still relevant in today's music scene, and most importantly I enjoy them now just as much as I did 11 years ago when I discovered them. Even if they probably single handedly launched a million melodeth clones with Heartwork, I will always love them. :Spin:

In true "this band is teh k00l talk ab00t th3m," rank 'em:

1. Heartwork
2. Symphonies of Sickness
3. Necroticism
4. Reek of Putrefaction
5. Swansong

1. Necroticism (the best death metal album of all time? probably)
2. Symphonies of Sickness
3. Heartwork
4. Swansong
5. Reek of Putrefaction

Carcass>>>>>>>>>>>>Morbid Angel

One of those bands I could live without. Corporal Jigsore Quandary and Heartwork are brilliant tracks though (among others).

Again? I thought they just re-re-released them last year, restoring the original cover art.

They better not fuck with the Reek of Putrefaction sound that so many fucking pussies complain about because they cannot handle the Raw. Fucking. Power. of it. :mad:

Carcass, as good as they were, were a little confused on what they wanted to be.
Necroticism/Heartwork era is the best though ...

MOrbid Angel > Carcass

I listened to Necroticism for the first time in years a few weeks ago. HOLY FUCK it's even better than it ever was.

Re: this here new song:
I retract my "it's okay" statement and replace with "that was pretty fuckin' awesome, in particular the ending bits."

I listened to Necroticism for the first time in years a few weeks ago. HOLY FUCK it's even better than it ever was.

Re: this here new song:
I retract my "it's okay" statement and replace with "that was pretty fuckin' awesome, in particular the ending bits."

I support everything stated