"Runedance" song sample for those who care.

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
Okay folks, here's an un-mixed/missing an acoustic section (hence the bit of silence in the middle of the song)/missing vocals/missing bass/missing acoustic leads in the beginning/basically very rough version of "Archaic Dissolve" for anyone who would like to get a feel for the new EP.

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HONCXTHLCDBX2T0CT1TRJ6ZYQ

Enjoy... please makes notes on the production (that I think is pretty decent already but will get better with the help of Erik in the future) and all of that fun stuff.

Thanks in advance.

NP: "Ancient Nation" by Nokturnal Mortum... damn, I forgot how totally awesome and inspirational this song is.

yeah wtf... i guess yousendit is down. Eh, oh well- if it continues I'll just upload it to my webspace for a few days.

Erik said:
This is a "rough mix" at best so don't mind the sound yet

Yes, he's right! I just want to say again, for those who didn't hear it before, that Erik is mixing/producing this EP and doing all of the vocals as well.

Good stuff there and I look forward to more. I'm sure Erik's vocals will work great with it but as I was listening to this clip I kept thinking it would also be great with none.

And a brief part reminded me of Azrael. This is Thanatopsis approved.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Good stuff there and I look forward to more. I'm sure Erik's vocals will work great with it but as I was listening to this clip I kept thinking it would also be great with none.

And a brief part reminded me of Azrael. This is Thanatopsis approved.

Thanks! About that instrumental thing, I've ALWAYS thought about taking Noltem to that level. Who knows, maybe the full-length (2006) will head there, though perhaps another "Hymn of the Wood" song is due before then (SOMEONE DO A SPLIT WITH ME WTF). The whole idea with this EP is to have a very minimal vocal performance that is also very powerful so that's why I chose Erik... I mean, come on- you know it'll be great. I'll post some lyrics later tonight maybe.

Yeah I'm really fucking sorry about the shipping delays... I've been busy and lazy like an idiot. They'll go out soon, I was trying to think of something cool to do with the hand-written lyrics sheets, but I'm still fussing with the ideas.