Running out of memory quickly, help!

Have no clue what that is, so it is possible that i do not have them, what is ASIO?

Thats where your problem exists, you most likely don't have any, they are upgrade drivers to the Windows Media Drviers (MME) that allow the audio interface, motherboard, CPU and memory to have multiple input and outputs to instead of being all processed together. Check out and install ASIO4ALL

a 2 x 2,66 Gig dual core intel xeon CPU

ah so your running a Mac then, yea a 2.66 GHz dual core is moderately outdated, but you have 2 of them which is more than enough headroom, actually a lot.

interesting, but still, don´t you find it difficult to play in time, when you have a huge real time latency (despite the fact that it compensate automatically later)?

don't monitor the track you are recording. If you use ampsims well you are screwed. IF I use ampsims I record them separately so that I can get the lowest latency possible, and them import them to my main project, but I use a real amp, which means you can have the amp in the room with you, or use zero latency monitoring on your soundcard (not through the DAW's audio engine, which has latency).

ah so your running a Mac then, yea a 2.66 GHz dual core is moderately outdated, but you have 2 of them which is more than enough headroom, actually a lot.

Thats great to hear, then i assume the real issue is just my RAM memory. Will gonna have to go and buy at least 2 more gigs :kickass:

don't monitor the track you are recording. If you use ampsims well you are screwed.

I use the headphone jack sitting on my M-box2. It think it goes through the whole signal chain and the DAW before i hear it, because i certainly hear the plug in distortion. Having the buffer set at 128 it seems the latency is not too bad.

Using a real amp where i am right now is unfortunately not an option.

I use the headphone jack sitting on my M-box2. It think it goes through the whole signal chain and the DAW before i hear it, because i certainly hear the plug in distortion. Having the buffer set at 128 it seems the latency is not too bad.

Using a real amp where i am right now is unfortunately not an option.

there is a mix option on the mbox if I am not mistaken, that blends from monitoring the inputs or the outputs.

you have about one option and that is that get a DI and use the parallel out and plug it into a real amp turn it up just loud enough to hear it with the click (or use your headphones into the amp) and mute the guitars in the DAW so you can't hear them. After you record, you can go back and listen through the sim to make sure you had a solid recording and continue about your business.

there is a mix option on the mbox if I am not mistaken, that blends from monitoring the inputs or the outputs.

you have about one option and that is that get a DI and use the parallel out and plug it into a real amp turn it up just loud enough to hear it with the click (or use your headphones into the amp) and mute the guitars in the DAW so you can't hear them. After you record, you can go back and listen through the sim to make sure you had a solid recording and continue about your business.

ok, i will have to look into that, my first priority is now though to get some more RAM, and maybe i will not have the latency problem anymore as i will hopefully be able to lower the buffer size.