Rush - Clockwork Angels

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
This album is excellent. Depending on your individual tastes, it could be Rush's best album of their entire career. For me, it's at least as good as Presto.
There are no weak songs on the album. Geddy's vocal deliveries are among his most melodic and his Fender is tastefully up front in the mix. Peart's performance is nicely restrained and Lifeson has some really nice acoustic passages. If you're even remotely into slightly proggy rock, check it out.

i replied before reading your post from my phone ... drunk ... so i did not really absorb it ...

but this just made me lol ... twice

it could be Rush's best album of their entire career. For me, it's at least as good as Presto.

Presto is truly a great album. The songs are extremely high quality and the basslines are among the best ever written, although they are well down in the mix. That album as a whole is better than anything else in they wrote in the 80s with the exception of Moving Pictures and, to me, is far more thoughtful than the follow-ups Roll the Bones and Counterparts.

That said, I can understand your lol

if I remember correctly I saw them on the Roll the Bones tour as I loved that album ... but that entire post Moving Pictures era is so interchangeable to me ... it all sounded the same.

"Heresy" on Roll the Bones is one of my favorite songs EVAR

interesting point about the post-Moving Pictures era...I see it completely opposite. Then again, I've listened to those albums probably a million times. Each one has a totally different sound to me....they kinda evolve into the next one.....owing to their "progressive" moniker and all that

well I only gave each maaaaaybe 2 spins each ... :loco:

so that's how that opinion was formed.