Rush on Colbert Report

Diamond45

Terminate Bad Music
Feb 22, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA USA
www.dmine.com
Did anybody catch Rush (the Canadian ProgRock trio, not the fat talk show host) on the Colbert Report last night?

I'd post a YouTube link, but you know that Comedy Central will claim copyright violation and take it down (and someone else will post a new one to replace it). So do a search on YouTube if you want to watch it.

They played "Tom Sawyer" and even had a short interview with Stephen.

It was their first US TV appearance in 33 years!

Can't wait to see them LIVE this coming Saturday at Nissan Pavilion near Washington, DC. :headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass:

I love Rush.......but damn, I can only imagine the sparks that would fly if Rush (the fat talk-show host who just got a new 9-figure deal AND a plane) was on Colbear Reporr. :)

A friend called me and tipped me off about them being on the show...and for some reason I didn't notice the cellphone ringing, so I didn't see the message until it was too late. :(

EDIT: just watched the clip, pretty funny, and Colbert clearly doesn't know a Tom Sawyer from a hole in the ground, judging from the way he barged in during the song.

....Which kinda sums up my thoughts on Colbert.

Cool that he had them on his show, though.

hah yea it was awesome. colbert did know what he was doing though, lol. it was part of the reccuring joke about how long the songs were. which was why he went to bed, haha.

and asked "some of your songs are so epic and long...do you feel your inspired by the beginning of the song since it was written so much earlier in your career?" haha