RUSH

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
According to All Headline News, RUSH have set a November 15 release date for their "R:30 - Rush Live In Frankfurt" DVD. The disc will feature a full performance of the German show during the band's 30th Anniversary Tour in 2004. It will also include a full-length documentary on the history of RUSH that has a running time of just over one hour and exclusive lost live footage of the band from the early 1980s.

In other news, RUSH plan to begin reissuing their VHS catalog on DVD with the 1981 concert film "Exit Stage Left..." , 1984's "Grace Under Pressure Tour", and a performance recorded in 1988, "A Show of Hands". The DVDs will be offered in a special box set and then individually.

If that was not enough news for RUSH fans, the band have reportedly begun the process of pre-production and are in the early stages of writing for their new album which should be ready for release sometime in 2006.

SUPERB.

I will of course be buying the whole lot!!!

Thanks for that Princess I'll watch out for them.

"I'm on the train to Bangkok aboard the Thailand express I'll buy those DVD's on the way and add them to the rest" :tickled:

Sweet Jamaican pipe dreams
Golden Acapulco nights
Then Morocco and the East
Fly by morning light..................

Wow how I love that song. I was a wee bit disappointed that they didn't play Passage to Bangkok at the concert last year - well at the very beginning of the concert they played that medley consisting of Finding my Way, Anthem, Bastille Day then Passage to Bangkok. Those 4 songs are some of my fav Rush songs and I wished they'd sung them all, but the medley still sounded awesome right enough.

I was thinking of downloading some Rush, my dad used to like them, i remember him wearing a rush t-shirt when i was a nipper! If i like what i download i will consider buying as its only good and proper to do so ;)

So any recomendations for a n00b, princeless ?

valanx said:
I was thinking of downloading some Rush, my dad used to like them, i remember him wearing a rush t-shirt when i was a nipper! If i like what i download i will consider buying as its only good and proper to do so ;)

So any recomendations for a n00b, princeless ?

Your dad has brilliant taste in music Emperor, so what happened to you then, apart from liking Saxon, your taste in music sucks heheheheheh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I is joking of course Emperor, ok let me take you by the hand and lead you down into the path of Rush. Every Rush song is totally awesome but to start you off you could try downloading any of these ones, these are some my favs:-

Passage to Bangkok, Anthem, Finding My Way, Bastille Day, What Your Doing, Animate, Dreamline, Earthshine, The Trees, Limelight, The Enemy Within, Working Man, Bytor & The Snowdog and as Imp says 2112 which is totally mindblowing and brings tears to my eyes when you hear it live!!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions, il let you know what i think when i have had a proper sit down and listen!

cheers!

Some more information on the DVD......

According to a posting on the RUSH fan site Power Windows, RUSH's much-anticipated new DVD, "R30 Live In Frankfurt", is scheduled for release in the U.S. on November 15. Filmed using 14 hi-definition cameras on September 24, 2004, the two-DVD set contains the Frankfurt concert on the first disc, with interviews, rare and classic footage from the late seventies to the tsunami relief benefit concert in 2005 on the other. The Deluxe Edition also includes two audio CDs of the Frankfurt concert. Unfortunately, eight tracks have seemingly been cut from the show for this release ("Bravado", "YYZ", "The Trees", "One Little Victory", "Secret Touch", "Red Sector A", "La Villa Strangiato" and "By-Tor and the Snow Dog").

The complete details are as follows:

Special Features:

* Limited edition Dunlop guitar picks while supplies last
* RUSH backstage passes
* Interview with John Martin at the Ivor Wynne Stadium, 1977
* In studio interview at Le Studio, Montreal during the recording of "Signals", released 1982
* Interview footage with all 3 band members, Artist of the Decade for the 1980s, 1991
* Interview for the release of "Vapor Trails", 2003
* CBC/Juno Award piece at the bands induction into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame, 1994

DVD Disc 1:

01. R30 Overture ("Finding My Way", "Bastille Day", "Anthem", "A Passage to Bangkok", "Cygnus", "Hemispheres")
02. The Spirit of Radio
03. Force Ten
04. Animate
05. Subdivisions
06. Earthshine
07. Red Barchetta
08. Roll The Bones
09. The Seeker
10. Tom Sawyer
11. Dreamline
12. Between the Wheels
13. Mystic Rhythms
14. Der Trommler
15. Resist
16. Heart Full of Soul
17. 2112
18. Xanadu
19. Working Man
20. Summertime Blues
21. Crossroads
22. Limelight

DVD Disc 2:

01. Fly By Night, Church Sessions Video 1975
02. Circumstances, Live in Studio 1978
03. La Villa Strangiato, Live in Studio 1978
04. Farewell to Kings, Live in Studio 1978
05. Xanadu, Live in Studio 1978
06. Various songs - soundcheck at Ivor Wynne Stadium 1980
07. Closer to the Heart, Compilation Video 1977-1977
08. Freewill, Performed at the Toronto Rocks/Stones Concert
09. Closer to the Heart, Tsunami Relief performance featuring Ed Robertson of the BARENAKED LADIES and Bubbles of "The Trailer Park Boys".

CD Disc 1:

01. R30 Overture ("Finding My Way", "Bastille Day", "Anthem", "A Passage to Bangkok", "Cygnus", "Hemispheres")
02. The Spirit of Radio
03. Force Ten
04. Animate
05. Subdivisions
06. Earthshine
07. Red Barchetta
08. Roll The Bones
09. The Seeker
10. Tom Sawyer
11. Dreamline

CD Disc 2:

01. Between the Wheels
02. Mystic Rhythms
03. Der Trommler
04. Resist
05. Heart Full of Soul
06. 2112
07. Xanadu
08. Working Man
09. Summertime Blues
10. Crossroads
11. Limelight

Wooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!! What do youse make of that then????

Looks to me like a lot of effort has gone ito those releases!

I hope the upcoming Judas Priest Live DVD and CD are as stacked!!