Rush R30

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
RUSH-R30
By: Ruben Mosqueda

RUSH releases another live double DVD set called R30? I know I was asking myself the same question? Why? They issued RUSH in Rio not too long ago, right?
According to the hardcore RUSH fans the previous dvd set was lackluster and was lacking. Personally I haven’t viewed RUSH in Rio, so I couldn’t tell you. R30 however, is one hell of a package! The limited edition version contains two DVD’s and a double CD set of the live set, recorded in Frankfurt, Germany on 9.24.04. Also included in this package is a deluxe booklet and Lifeson and Lee R30 guitar picks! You must see this for yourself! It’s well done and done in a classy way, this will blow any RUSH fan’s mind!
As stated the first dvd and the two CD’s are recorded in Frankfurt in 2004, there’s 22 tracks in all, though R30 Overture is a medley of five RUSH classics alone! One thing that is worth mentioning, these guys are in shape, it’s not until 10 plus songs that you see any of the members even begin to break a sweat. It’s amazing! The live highlights are;
“R30 Overture,” “Force Ten,” “Subdivisions,” “Red Barchetta,” “Tom Sawyer,” and their cover of The Who’s “The Seeker.” The second DVD features RUSH rarities galore, too many to list here, I’ll just say that you will be floored! There’s also a couple of easter eggs, so enjoy finding them as well. This is a fantastic celebration of RUSH’s 30 years in the business; this will not leave you thinking “that’s it?” Like when you heard what RUSH was going to release commemorate their 30th year of existence, yeah you guessed it. The Feedback E.P. Pick up R30 and get schooled!