Sörskogen

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
Dan, I heard rumors that more tracks were recorded from this glorious project. Is there any chance we'll ever get to hear any of them?
Thanks,
Jake

Asked Dan some years ago. Apperantly Mike demoed a couple of other tunes, but at another spot and without Dan. So the only dan+mike sörskogen track would be Mordet i Grottan

They only recorded 1 song, the rest of the songs were only written by Mike but not recorded.
As stated by Mike on Opeth.com, a long time ago.. I believe it was the year 1999..

SÖRSKOGEN

This is my own thing, again, nothing really serious, I just enjoy doing this progressive stuff! Sörskogen, which is the place where I grew up, has really made its special impact on me. Every time I visit the place, I am overwhelmed with nostalgy! All the tracks are about Sörskogen, lyrics in Swedish, quite hazy to be honest! I´ve only recorded one track "for real", at Dan´s new studio with him on drums, keyboards and bass, and myself on lead vocals and guitars. I reckon that we will record more in the future. The tracks I´ve done are called "Mordet i grottan" (The murder in the cave), "Stupet" (The steep slope), "Den första Maj" (The first of May) and "Byan"! I´ve even done a video for "Mordet" filmed with a old super-8 camera, which also turned out pretty cool! The video is dircted by Fredrik Odefjärd. The sounds is somewhere between Camel, Solarplexus and Genesis or something like that!

Linkie: http://web.archive.org/web/20020425002640/www.opeth.com/discography/sorskogen.html

Cheers

You guys should really check out that Time machine on archive.org..
It has the best shit in the world, like old Swano.com/Swano.nu entries.. As I've never seen the real site.. Checking it out that way was pretty cool..