Sörskogen

Höðr

The Sound Of Eight Hooves
Feb 25, 2006
I apoligize if this has been asked a lot. Does anyone know where I could get the Sörskogen song that Dan did with Mikael from Opeth? I've been looking for it for a long time now. And if someone could fill me in on the future of the project that would be great too :).

there is no future to the project...
despite all roumors Dan and Mike recorded only Mordet i Grottan...and that's pretty much it...
a part of the song was also used by Mike in Opeth's "To rid the disease"

well that doesn't mean we won't see any more collaborations of Dan and Mike...but Sörskogen was pretty much burried after they recorded the song

Thats what I thought, just making sure though. An album, or even one more song, would be pretty cool.

let's look at this logically...to rid the disease was recorded in 2002 and we know Mordet i Grottan was recorded earlier.
I'm assuming Mike was a busy man touring with opeth and stuff so I'm trying to think when did Mike have time to spend with Dan in the studio...and the only thing that comes to mind is Bloodbath's Ressurection through Carnage that was released approx. the same time as Opeth's Deliverence.

so it's either sometime during the RTC sessions or earlier during the Breeding death sessions.
my bet is 2001-2002 during the RTC sessions

the best bet is just to ask Dan

I personally think the song was recorded a lot earlier than 2001. Mike and Dan might even have done it during the late 90's... like, for example, after they did Crimson...

Just a guess..