S&S continue writing sessions

Steve Smyth

Lead Axe
Feb 27, 2002
Earth
www.stevesmyth.com
Hey Everybody! Justcaxquick to let you all know that me and Steve Hoffman managed to squeeze in a few jam sessions, and got the ball kicked a little further down the road, towards a solid direction, and about 3 more songs! So we're at about 7 songs in various forms now, and will be continuing on through the summer, until we've got what we both feel will be a very solid, moody, progressive, genre crossing album of new music to share with all of you! More updates as we get that ball kicked further down the road!

Hey Everybody,
Happy New Year! The writing sessions have been continuing, and we're kicking that proverbial ball down the road a little more each time we get together! There's the initial 7 still in place, and I'll say that Steve Hoffman is outdoing himself, and has presented some really kick ass stuff I am stoked to start jamming and co-writing/doing my thing on! Not to say I don't have anything either, I'm moving in some different directions right now, and have a new one I'm really stoked on right now, heading towards the finish line with it riff-wise first, while the melodies are screaming at me to hurry up and lay them down!:lol:
We're at about 9 in various forms right now; some of these "songs" seem destined to meld together, as 2 already have, and I've got a feeling (whoo hoo!) that there are more that might get the consolidation trip done to them as well. We'll have to see where these babies head to when they get a little older, but we're moving ahead folks, and wanted to let y'all know! Onward!

Hey Everybody!

Another update here, as June has passed, and me and our drummer Ron Redeen got together to hammer some more songs around (Steve H couldn't make it, so we jammed!), and got structures together for 2 more! Song count is up at 9 now, and a cover will be included on the album, a personal favorite of mine, and as the guys were telling me, probably everyone who hears it! Oddly enough, I've also discovered no one has done an instrumental version of this song either, so should be really special!

Me, Steve H and Ron got together this past Tuesday and Wednesday, firming up structures for 5 songs in total, so looks like we're heading in a solid direction! Steve and I still want to write a few more, see if we can top what we have already, so stay tuned! As we have more news on the progress, I'll keep you informed right here!:headbang::headbang::headbang: