Saana master stolen!!!

For those of us who were awaiting Timo Tolkki's latest solo album, we have some bad news ahead of us.

Straight from Tolkki's MySpace...

SAANA SINGLE AND GRAPHIC MASTER STOLEN!!!!
Current mood: angry

I was in a photosession in Helsinki 2 days ago and while we were taking promotional pictures, somone stole my bag and one guitar, a purple Fender Stratocaster Jeff Beck model. It is priceless.
But what worries me more is that the bag contained a single master and the graphic master of the whole Saana album. I went to the police and filed a report, but they said that it is unlikely I will ever see them again. I just hope this person doesn't realize the contents of the bag.
Unfortunately this will postpone the trailer release and I have to think what I will do now.
This a very bad situation. Very bad...

:(

The kind of people who would do such a thing are truly scum. Were that me, it would take all the heart out of my ability to produce music. I would be seriously looking at my exit as an artist (or at least a good year or so off).

Scumbag thieves everywhere :yuk:

The news was yesterday also in in Iltalehti tabloid, these are some blurbs from the article:

The thief was obviously most interested in the guitar and took the bag which was laying beside the guitar case only by chance. According to Tolkki the bag contained only his gym clothes and the unlabeled cds, which may well have ended in a thrash can as soon as the bag was opened and no valuable items found.

Also, the purple Fender Stratocaster Jeff Beck model is a unique and easily recognizable custom version, hard to sell to anyone in one piece at least in Finland.

Even when he has to postpone launching the trailer of Saana, fortunately this incident won't delay Tolkki from releasing his rock-opera, because it was already decided that the album will be sold only through the web. So, if anyone is seen selling hard copies of Saana - Warrior of Light CDs on the streets, be assured that those are definitely pirates and call the cops. :heh:

The relese date was planned for April, but Tolkki may move it a few weeks early because of the theft if there is consedered to be a risk that pireaes have got hold of the stolen master CDs, but he hasn't made any decisions yet.

The Album will be an unseen format of filmed music, actually almost a movie with clear dramturgy rather than anyhting. Tolkki also says that none of the 16 songs can't be taken out of context and released on a single CD.

If you didn't know, the main role is sung by Jennifer Sowle, a coloratura soprano and music unversity graduate from Dallas, TX. Two yeras ago she auditioned for Nightwish, and became known to many by posting in the singers' thread on the Nightwish.com discussion board and adding links to her demo songs at Myspace like many other girls. Because of her obvious talent she was recommended to Timo Tolkki when he was casting his rock opera, and in the end she got the main role. You can hear some of her demo clips on her Myspace
Other voices belong to Heikki Pöyhiä from Twilightning, Aino Laos and Janette Sainio.