I do not want to be Timo Tolkki right now...

Nov 6, 2007
STRATOVARIUS guitarist Timo Tolkki has issued a following update:

"I was in a photo session in Helsinki two days ago and while we were taking promotional pictures, someone stole my bag and one guitar, a purple Fender Stratocaster Jeff Beck model. It is priceless. But what worries me more is that the bag contained a single master and the graphic master of the whole 'Saana' album [Tolkki's upcoming classical rock opera, 'Saana - Warrior of Light Part 1: Journey to Crystal Island']. I went to the police and filed a report, but they said that it is unlikely I will ever see them again. I just hope this person doesn't realize the contents of the bag. Unfortunately this will postpone the trailer release and I have to think what I will do now. This a very bad situation. Very bad..."

Shitty, shitty deal...

That does suck.

I think I know exactly which guitar he is talking about, but the real pisser is the master of his new, upcoming album. I'd hope they have a backup, but still - that does royally suck.

Well, if it's anywhere near as...um...not good as Hymn to Life...

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

hahaha

sucks for timo, cant trust anyone these days.

surely he would have all the contents of the cd on a computer right?

It seems like the thing to do these days (for schmucks) is to steal equipment from musicians. Hardly a week goes by that we don't hear about this happening to some touring band nowadays.

One has to wonder if this guy puts himself into these situations on purpose. It's hard to imagine life could shit on one person SO much without laxatives.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but why the hell would he keep the sole master of an "unreleased" album in an unattended bag?????

These are the first two thoughts i had. Heh, glad i'm not the only one thinking these things :lol:

Sucks.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but why the hell would he keep the sole master of an "unreleased" album in an unattended bag?????
Have to admit, that was my first thought. And Surely, he has a back up? While I'm sure the guitar is irreplaceable, I certainly hope the loss of the masters is a temporary set back.

I blame illegal downloading. Those filthy pirates probably drove Timo to carry his only master around with him for that very reason and the second he wasn't looking they jumped out of the shadows with their skull & crossbones and hooks for a hand. Sneaky thieves they be... ARGH.

Tolkki's last comment on his blog:
I of course have copies. I had the stuff in my bag cause I was just coming from the mastering studio.
The person could not have known what is inside the bag, so just quickly grabbed the guitar case and the bag.
I dont know what he/she can do with the masters though. But I am thinking what to do and let everybody know some news asap.