SABATON: The Last Stand

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
SABATON TO RELEASE THE LAST STAND ALBUM IN AUGUST; ARTWORK REVEALED

"...Swedish heavy metal heroes Sabaton are currently working on their new studio album, entitled The Last Stand, which will be released worldwide on August 19th through Nuclear Blast.

"We work once again with Peter Tägtgren in his newly upgraded and top class Abyss studio in Sweden to record, produce and mix the album. The mastering will be done by Jonas Kjellgren who also works in the same building in nice Pärlby on the countryside of Sweden. Both Carolus Rex and Heroes was done in the same way and we feel very comfortable to return to the same place and people again. Fans will recognize the sound of the album as Sabaton, but we really feel we took it a step forward this time", says Pär Sundström...."

sabatonalbumapril.jpg

I was not impressed with the song they released at all. Not sure I can keep giving them a pass anymore for writing the same album over and over. Great guys and great live performers, but I can only take them retreading the same music over and over for so long.

Sabaton announced as support for Trivium's North American Tour

September
15 - Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall*
16 - Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Soundstage*
17 - Philadelphia, PA - Rock Allegiance - Festival^
19 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade*
20 - Little Rock, AR - Clear Channel Metroplex Event Center*
22 - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall*
23 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater*
24 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre*
25 - San Bernardino, CA - Ozzfest meets Knotfest - Festival^
27 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex*
29 - Omaha, NE - Sokol Auditorium*
30 - Minneapolis, MN - Mill City Nights*

October
1 - Janesville, WI - JJO Sonic Boom - Festival^
2 - Louisville, KY - Louder Than Life - Festival ^
6 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Live!*
7 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar*
8 - Tulsa, OK - Cain’s Ballroom*
10 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE*
11 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza*
14 - Worcester, MA - Rock & Shock – Festival^
15 - Binghamton, NY - Magic City Music Hall*
17 - Charleston, SC - The Music Farm*
18 - Tampa, FL - State Theater *
19 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Revolution Live*
21 - Orlando, FL - House of Blues*

* with Sabaton and Huntress
^ Festival Date

SABATON Frontman Explains Latest Guitarist Departure

"...Speaking about the recent announcement that guitarist Thobbe Englund will play his final gig with SABATON later this month in the band's hometown of Falun, at the group's Sabaton Open Air festival, as part of a release party for SABATON's new album, "The Last Stand", Joakim said: "We wear people out, I think. [Laughs] In a sense, it's part of the reason, actually.

"When we did the most intensive period we had in our career, it was 170 shows from April '14 to April '15 — twelve months there — of course, you don't play every day, so if you 170 shows, that probably means you were on the road, or away from home, for 270 days that year. So I totally understand why, even though most people get into doing this… I've seen it before, and it's gonna happen again, I guess, that people [are like], 'Yeah, of course, I don't wanna do anything else. And then, after a couple of years, [they're like], 'Oh, man. I thought I wanted this.' [Laughs]..."

I'm a huge fan. Instant purchase for me.

Update: Great album. If you're a Sabaton fan you should not be disappointed.

Last edited:
Surprised there isn't more discussion of this one. I finally got to listen to it today. Fuck the person that stole the box with my CD and a Rubbermaid shower mat in it. On the drive to work, I dug Sparta, but then nothing was really blowing me away. When I came home though, I hit Shiroyama, The Last Battle, and the epic Winged Hussars. I had the stereo pretty cranked on the way home.

They aren't writing anything new here, but I don't care. It could have been a dozen songs about tanks and I would still buy the album. I think some songs on this album will become a firm part of the Sabaton legend.