Sacred Oath - ...'Till Death Do Us Part

axemaiden

makes you eat dead things
Aug 21, 2007
grendel's mothers cave
Sacred Oath – ...‘Till Death Do Us Part (Live in Germany)
Angel Thorne Music Company LLC – 2008
By Axemaiden

486a37a4537cf

Does anyone remember which bands they were listening to in 1985? I certainly don’t (having only just been born), but for those of you who do remember, then here is a little nostalgic moment for you. Recognise a band called Sacred Oath, whose debut album A Crystal Vision seemed to go down pretty well in the ‘80’s metal scene? For any of you that do, and do happen to be fans, you may be aware that the band reformed in 2007, subsequently going on tour, releasing a live album, a live DVD and some new musical material.

...‘Till Death Do Us Part is said live release, and judging by the joyful yells of the fans, seems to represent a happy comeback for the group. Although I am not personally a huge fan of wailing power metal, I have to say that this album is extremely well produced, and features the majority of tracks from A Crystal Vision, which should please those of you who are fans. The live album has the usual good and bad issues associated with live albums of any kind; the solos sound great, and hearing them played over the screams of the audience always enhances their potency, but at the same time, there are some moments that really should have been edited out, as they really don't portray the band at their best. This however, is the nature of live albums, and shouldn’t really affect the serious fan's enjoyment. If you’re already an admirer of the group, or you enjoy bands such as Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Dragonforce, then it may be worth checking out this release.

Official Sacred Oath Website
Official Sacred Oath Myspace
Official Angel Thorne Website