Sacred Reich

J1NX

Sep 10, 2004
Are Sacred Reich any good? I've never heard anything by them. It's one of those names that I associate with the late 80s speed-metal boom. Were they a low profile class act, in a Voivod kind of way, or were they crap?

I seem to remember that Jason Newsted went through a phase of wearing Sacred Reich t-shirts around the time of the Justice tour, which I take as a good sign.

Sacred Reich were fantastic!!
Really underarted 80s thrash!
The fisrt record "Ignorance" is just blazing! :headbang:
And the follow up "American Way" albeit a little slowed down had great hooks. Phil actually kind sang as well, and much like Anthrax, the great thing about SR was that as heavy and brutal as they were they never took themselves too seriously!

Saw them in 91 with Sepultura and apart from being seriosly rocking,they were hilarious live!

Definately check'em out!

Sacred Reich is a totally kick ass band.

Their debut album Ignorance is a total Thrash Classic that is up there with Slayer's Reign in Blood and S.O.D

The intro song- Death Squad is hammer bloody smashing heavy that can be compared to March Of The S.O.D. intro

also worth getting the Surf Nicaragua EP if you can. I got a copy of their Independent Cd off ebay a couple of weeks back and it's pretty good. Not a lot different from American Way but worth getting if you see it

I've met the band once, have an autographed vinyl copy of Independant, and done several phone interviews with them, they even sent me one of their bongs which landed them, Hollywood Records, and Disney in hot water. Very under rated band, Independent should have been huge, Machine Head's Dave McClannahan played on that and Heal.

Surf Nicaragua is a wicked e.p as well as the title track (fuckin amazing drumming on this song) there is a cool cover of war pigs. I have it on vinyl somewhere. Happy days :headbang:

not to bad of a band.I had "Indendpent" I think. I heard their last cd and remember it being good too. can't remember the name though. I know their drummer is now playing with Machine head now. I would recomend them.

I never really gave them much of a listen, but did see them live here in Australia on the Sepultura support slot (I think??) and they seemed pretty cool.